Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Squirrels. Bastards.
  • Harry_the_Spider

Just spent an entertaining 10 minutes clearing an outside drain that was blocked and flooding the passage down the side on the house.

The cause of the blockage? Peanut husks. Dozens of them.

Bastard squirrels.

maccruiskeen

Where do the squirrels buy their peanuts?

Harry_the_Spider

The bloody wholesalers judging by the quantity, and they get them delivered in one ton dump bags.

Bastard squirrels with trade accounts and access to a Hiab.

binners

How do you know it’s not monkeys?

dropoff

It’s the parrots I tell ye

ebygomm
    Free Member

Antenna filled with acorns

Maybe it was a woodpecker?

derek_starship
    Free Member

We have a squirrel that smokes Embassy Filter and it leaves the dimps all over the lawn. Bastard.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

What has a hazelnut in every bite?

Squirrel shite.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Gave up

jam-bo

funkmasterp

Are you sure it’s not your resident ghost playing a prank?

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Squirrels are just rats with good PR.

or worse if you watch Rick and Morty

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

You need one of those squirrel trebuchets as demonstrated on YouTube.

tjagain

My folks got fed up of squirrels eating all the bird food so they bought a squirrel proof feeder ( It has a cage around the outside). they found it a week later down the bottom of the garden with all the bars bent and empty

Bullet

That video is just brilliant

tomparkin

We have periodic problems with squirrels invading our attic, being close to lots of trees.

When we first moved in three squirrels invaded and we got a pest control lot in who set big traps. Hearing those go off in the night, followed by a lot of protracted banging and shrieking :-(, was memorable.

Not wishing to repeat the experience, when the last squirrel tried to move in I thought I’d scare him off myself. So I went up there complete with a wrecking bar, Half-Life-style. Damn thing was totally unfazed, and faced me down. Eventually after a lot of fruity language and bold feints with my wrecking bar the squirrel beat a retreat. I then heard it starting a fight with a pair of wood pigeons on the roof.

So yes, bastards. Double-hard bastards!

CountZero

Thanks for the video, my g/f and I have just been laughing hysterically at that, funniest thing for ages! 🤣🤣🤣

jag61

They might be double hard bastards but they can’t swim… Went to use downstairs loo in shared house, squirrel head down in the pan dead as a dead thing guessing it had put head in for a drink and couldn’t get out🤮what a way to go

Squirrel

Oi!

i_like_food

At least they didn’t eat through the wiring on your solar panels and thus cost you £1000! You may hate them… I really really really hate them!

Poopscoop

Lol, that video. Utter class!

Its also a metaphor for my life in someway!

bearnecessities

Oi!

Get out!

CountZero

Until pine martens are reintroduced, then they magically disappear! No match for an apex predator that can climb trees better than they can.

Poopscoop

I thought martens predominantly caught them on the ground? Hence why greys are easier prey than reds as they live on the ground more?

squirrelking
    Free Member

So yes, bastards.

You rang?

funkmasterp

Two of the best videos I’ve seen in ages 😂 that trebuchet/squirrel launcher is ace.

duncancallum

Bet they drink carling black label.

switchbacktrog
    Free Member

They like eating Foamex as well………..null

funkrodent

My old man happened upon one in his shed some years back. The squirrel had a large human between him and the exit. He said it didn’t hesitate and charged. Essentially tried to go right through him. My teenage self was somewhat surprised to see my powerfully built, 6’4″ dad stumble heavily backwards out of the shed swearing in a panicked fashion. He also got attacked by a rat that he stumbled upon in the broom cupboard. Understandably he’s not overly fond of comedy toothed rodents.

So yes, squirrels are hard mofos!

metalheart
    Free Member

Oi, Ming:

Squirrels are just rats with a bushy tail and a good PR.

FTFY

towzer
    nickc

Jambo that video is utterly brilliant 🙂

tthew

I saw a black-red Squirrel in Vienna this weekend. Rather pretty. null

Meh, doesn’t work, you’ll have to take my word for it.

cogglepin

When the son lived at home but was away working at sea for a couple of months he left his Renault Clio on the drive in front of the house.
    Came home from sea to find said car running like a bag of spanner’s, quick trip to local garage found the air filter full to bursting with acorns. Think squirrel friend had accessed it through the air intake pipe.

CountZero

I thought martens predominantly caught them on the ground? Hence why greys are easier prey than reds as they live on the ground more?

That’s certainly true, greys spend lots of time on the ground, making them an easy target, but when they go arboreal they’re still nowhere near as nimble in the trees as a red, or a marten, so they’re on a loser all round.

bearnecessities

stumpy01

tomparkin

CountZero

Until pine martens are reintroduced, then they magically disappear! No match for an apex predator that can climb trees better than they can.

I’ve posted this before a few years back, but what you need in any squirrel based encounter is a Presley….

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iujsDo]IMG_20140926_174020_zpsufnkel2a[/url] by STW stumpy01, on Flickr

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Squirrels. Bastards.’ is closed to new replies.