Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Squirrel lovers karma moment
  • Premier Icon WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Having reduced the squirrel population to similar numbers to the past I took down the trap. I never wanted to kill all grey squirrels remember.

I took the trap to the garage and carefully removed the canister, losing all the remaining shots, and started to clean it ready for storage.

It was actually remarkably clean except for some carrot debris near the trigger and where the bolt hits which I wiped off with a paper towel.

It was at this point I discovered that even though I had removed the CO2 canister a day before, the trap was still loaded and if you hit the trigger while wiping the inside with paper towels the bolt will fire.

Ouch!

Premier Icon damascus
    Free Member

Picture?

Premier Icon WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I can’t. I broke the phone when I was shot in the finger

Premier Icon thisisnotaspoon

Bloody hell, it’s like you’re trapped in a non-lethal version of Final Destination!

That must have smart a bit. Would you consider contributing to this thread in the name of science?

Premier Icon fadda

Most. Appropriate. User. Name. Ever…

Premier Icon damascus
    Free Member

I hope the phone was out as you were filming it. I’m not too bored to watch that!

Is the finger still part of wca?

Premier Icon ElShalimo
    Free Member

Was it really WCA’s finger in there?

🤔

Ouch!!

Free Member

Much ice and Vodka applied and it appears the finger in not broken but just bloody sore.

Sympathy appreciated

Premier Icon martinhutch

At least you’re consistent.

How’s the chainsaw wood carving going? Any major blood loss or limb separation to report?

Free Member

I have another Sea Horse commissioned from the previous threads which is completed and sat in the sauna awaiting collection.

I had a nice link to steel toe caps for Crocs pm’d to me which I smiled at and then ignored

I had to use superglue to but back together a lot on my big toe when I dropped the angle grinder while cutting some steel. Not much blood but it was going t be a video about me making toe protection for flip flops. Unfortunately whilst most bit of my toe survived, the flip flops did not.

Premier Icon damascus
    Free Member

I had a nice link to steel toe caps for Crocs pm’d to me which I smiled at and then ignored

Your welcome! 😉

But it got pretty technical in the end. Wasn’t as straight forward as I had hoped.

Premier Icon andylc
    Free Member

Getting shot in the head vs a bruised finger….not quite karma yet…

Premier Icon squirrelking
    Free Member

Sorry, I had to laugh. Living up to your rep.

Premier Icon ratherbeintobago

I take it the traps are pretty effective?

I’ve just ordered the smaller version, as it looks like Mickey and friends have moved into the garage loft :-/

Premier Icon CountZero

WCA never disappoints regarding the self-inflicted injury story! Anyone going riding, or any other form of outdoor venture with the OP should have full paramedic training, I feel.
    Hope it gets better soon, btw. 👳🏻‍♀️🚑🏥

Free Member

Traps work well. I took out 26 in about 4 weeks before taking the thing down.

I saw two squirrels playing on the oak tree today which suggests at least one family is back which is fine.

CountZero – Not all of my injuries are self inflicted. I just seem to have a genetic disposition. The truck delivering the 15mm toughened glass for our balustrade a few weeks discovered very suddenly that the restraining straps for the glass hadn’t been fitted. The glass panels peeled back from the A frame thy were mounted on and dropped from the side of the truck like falling cards. The edge of the glss knocked my glasses off my nose as they fell. Not my fault but still an inch from death

Premier Icon TimP
    Free Member

I feel very privileged to have been both in the car to a Team Bullheart race and for a ride with WCA separately and survived both unscathed.

Traps work well. I took out 26 in about 4 weeks before taking the thing down.

I particularly like the way the instructions involve scavengers to carry the bodies away, not that this is going to work in the loft.

Premier Icon mutepoint
    Free Member

Damn I missed a World CLASS Accident

It works (apart from the scavenging bit)!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.