Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • Squid game…
  • Premier Icon Coyote
    Free Member

I enjoyed it and thought it raised some interesting points and asked some uncomfortable questions. That said, not sure it was worthy of the hype.

Regarding the teacher recommending it to 11 y/o, that’s a “no” from me and I’d probably by-pass the teacher and go to the head.

Premier Icon chakaping

I’d probably by-pass the teacher and go to the head.

Might say the same, depends what I thought of the teacher generally though.

Premier Icon nickc

I think I’d be fine with a teacher discussing the themes and story in Squid Game with interested 11 year olds, I don’t think I’d be happy if they recommended watching it though.

Premier Icon yetidave
    Free Member

yes, we are going to dig a little deeper before we really kick off. In the meantime our rabbit died this morning, so at least we are learning about death this week which is good.

Premier Icon ossify

Did you do it in front of them with a pistol? That’s the way to really learn ’em.

Premier Icon yetidave
    Free Member

Not quite. But the vet did. We get her back in a box in the morning.

Premier Icon razorrazoo

Not quite. But the vet did. We get her back in a box in the morning.

A black one with a pink bow?

Premier Icon aide

Just finished watching it last night. Quite enjoyed it once I got past the dubbing, wouldn’t of been able to do subtitles. Certainly different from (the too) many American shows. Hoping they leave it there though as I think a second series will dilute it like what happens with most things these days

Premier Icon argee

I still have hope they can do a crossover with this and the next love island, would certainly make me tune in, even if just for the last 5 minutes ;o)

Premier Icon aide

@argee – now that I would watch!

Premier Icon ajantom

I still have hope they can do a crossover with this and the next love island, would certainly make me tune in, even if just for the last 5 minutes ;o)

You’ve read/seen Battle Royale then?

Premier Icon argee

ajantom

You’ve read/seen Battle Royale then?

I have, but i was meaning more like a single gunshot ringing out after a discussion like this on love island

Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

Interview with the creator

Premier Icon squirrelking
    Free Member

Finished it tonight, see what everyone means about the VIPs, sadly I don’t think that was dubbed.

Rest of it was good, rather enjoyed it.

Sae-byeok definitely deserved the win though.

Premier Icon boltonjon

I thought that it was really original and very compelling.

Obviously massive holes in it and VIPs and their masks was beyond parody – but genuinely entertaining

Premier Icon DickBarton

Annoyingly a second series appears to be getting announced…

Premier Icon P-Jay
    Free Member

I can’t be annoyed by that, it was a good series and as far as I can remember, it didn’t have a definitive ending, plenty of scope for a second series.

Premier Icon chakaping

Mildly annoying as I’ll probably watch in spite of myself.

Premier Icon johndoh
    Free Member

plenty of scope for a second series.

There is and I thought the final episode of the first series was going to set it up for it (Seong Gi-Hun finding himself lost in the normal world despite the money and going back in, perhaps as the new Player 001).

Premier Icon Blackflag

@argee that clip has just mangled my head. I’m struggling with the idea anyone can be that thick and still function.

Premier Icon GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Bring it on I say. Lots of avenues for a second series to explore.

Premier Icon nickc

sadly I don’t think that was dubbed.

I read a very interesting interview with one of the actors who played one of the VIPs. he was an American who lived in Korea and made his living playing Americans on Korean TV programmes. He has said that it looks as bad as that for a number of reasons. 1. the language barrier, they often do multiple shots and he said the one we’re you’re pronouncing better or the sentences flow better aren’t necessarily the ones the Korean editors will pick as they often don’t know what English is supposed to sound like anyway, so they may pick shots that look good, but the lines are stilted or don’t sound right to English speakers, but largely it doesn’t matter as they’ll be subtitled. 2. The set was massive and they had to shout at each other across these vast empty spaces to hear was they were saying under the masks.  3. they had those heavy masks on that weren’t really well balanced and kept falling off, he said that they really had to keep their upper bodies straight and concentrate on not moving their heads around too much otherwise they’d slip off, and that really affected how they could speak.

I’ll try to find it, it was really interesting

poo-bum-bottom, apart from the last Ep it was nearly perfect, don’t need to mess about with it.

Premier Icon woody2000

Just picked my youngest up from school (Yr 3) and a group of the Yr 4 kids were playing red light, green light. WTF! I know the game is as old as the hills, but never heard it called that in the UK.

😳

Premier Icon gecko76

My Cubs were talking about it tonight. No, none of them have seen it but they have seen the hamster version, and the Minecraft version.

Premier Icon P-Jay
    Free Member

Just picked my youngest up from school (Yr 3) and a group of the Yr 4 kids were playing red light, green light. WTF! I know the game is as old as the hills, but never heard it called that in the UK.

My youngest plays ‘Squid Game’ in school too. The school sent lots of emails out reminding parents that Squid Game is an 18 and not suitable for 4-10 year olds, as if that was needed!

Unfortunately it seems every YouTuber who appeals to young kids is jumping on the bandwagon with Squid Game.

Premier Icon jacobyte
    Free Member

red light, green light. WTF! I know the game is as old as the hills, but never heard it called that in the UK.

Back in my olden days (1970s) it was called “What’s the time, Mr Wolf?”

Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.