Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Squelching fox shock
  • wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’ve got a Fox boost adjust kashima rear shock on my covert 29 which is about 4 months old now. The shock makes what I can only describe as a sort of squelching sound as it bottoms out or gets close to bottoming out, maybe in the last 5 to 10mm of travel. I thought it was maybe a bedding in thing, but I’ve been riding the bike alot so should be through any bedding in period. I’m pretty sure it’s not the tyre fouling with anything ad I’ve checked clearance through the whole travel and there is no sign of contact on either the tyre or frame, so it can only be the shock. Any ideas what it could be? Is it normal for a fox shock? Doesn’t seem to have any detrimental effect on the feel of the shock or the travel, it seems to work just fine. Cheers.

seavers
    Free Member

I have a 2010 RP23 BV. Noticed it was making a squelching sound. Blew through the travel and just didn’t feel right. Sent it to Loco tuning last week.
    Turns out nitrogen was in the oil, he used the term ‘cavitated’ when we spoke on the phone. I thought it sounded expensive but a service has sorted it. But yours is only 4 months old. Might be worth sending off for the sake of £75. Have to sing the praises of Loco while I am at it. Very good service.

plus-one

Sounds like cavitation(oil/air mixing) seal failure needs serviced 🙂

seavers
    Free Member

All I can say is that from the point of my noticing the noise and sending it off the performance of the shock got worse. To the point where I found it hard to tell if it was open or on pro pedal. Still, I would not expect it to need a service after 4 months. Sounds like the joys of biking strike again.

coatesy
    Free Member

As above, sounds like you’ve leaked nitrogen into the oil. At 4 months old it should be covered by warranty, speak to the guys at Mojo to get it sorted (01633615815).

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Cheers all, sounds like a warranty issue. The bikes overdue a free 6 week service so will get it sorted then.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Squelching fox shock’ is closed to new replies.