Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Squeeky clutch pedal help needed.
  • i_like_food

Car is Vauxhall Zafora diesel. 52 plate. 135000 miles.

The clutch pedal squeaks and is driving me round the bend. It’s hard to see the clutch pedal pivots, but I’ve contorted myself to the point where I can spray WD-40 liberally
    on the pivots, but no luck. It doesn’t
    make a loud squeak when the engine is off, but really squeaks when I’m driving.

Any tips?

porter_jamie

over centre spring, probably. its on the pedal box. dont try and take the spring off or it will never go on again!

CountZero

dont try and take the spring off or it will never go on again!

Zaffies have one of the heaviest return springs on the clutch of pretty much anything I’ve ever driven. Getting stuck in slow traffic was literally a pain, my left knee hasn’t the strength to hold the clutch pedal down, so I used to have to push my knee down with my hand to hold the pedal down. If tasked with picking up a Zaffie, I’d first check what ‘box it had, then how far I’d have to drive it! Great if it was mostly motorway/dual carriageway, not so much otherwise.

i_like_food

Thanks @porter_jamie, will Google to find it.

What squeak-killing product would you suggest? More WD-40? Spray grease? Silicone spray?

jamesoz

Try something a bit heavier than wd40, unless you mean wd40 spray grease.
    I greased everything in the clutch and gear linkage of our Astra G. Made it nicer to drive.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.