Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Square Taper Middleburn Users…..Step Forward.
  • letmetalktomark

I have long been a fan of the Middleburn cranks only selling my last pair before Christmas 🙄

I am looking at a set of new square taper Middleburn's for a Cotic Soul build.

I know Middleburn are now doing/about to do a through chainset but I still quite like the square tapers 😀

So then get em out and show me some square taper* lovelyness.

* ISIS also allowed……I guess 😆

bonesetter
    Free Member

bonesetter
    Free Member

letmetalktomark

Thats what I'm talking aboot. 😀

Gurt lush.

What BB do you run?

bonesetter
    Free Member

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Oh christ, I saw a chainring and thought "wow, that looks awesome!" when I saw that second one bonesetter posted.
    Think I need to get out a bit more (does look good though, doesn't it?).

bonesetter
    Free Member

Tracker1972
    Free Member

What is that chainring bonesetter, can't spot it on the Middleburn site (now I actually looked for it, there is no hope at all).

Denis99
    Free Member

Square taper Middleburn's on 2010 Cotic Soul

warpcow
    Free Member

I suspect it's a Boone ti chainring or something similar.

I've had square-taper and ISIS Middleburns (no fotos and the missus has the camera on holiday just now), but the square-taper are the ones I've kept. Would maybe consider the newer model for my next bike but that won't be a while considering my new one only arrived last week 😀

sturmey
    Free Member

My commuter has a set of RS2s on and was thinking of putting them on my soul you may have made my mind up. Just need to buy a new set of rings now. I wonder how much stiffer the newer versions are.

letmetalktomark

Denis99 – Member

Square taper Middleburn's on 2010 Cotic Soul

What length BB are you using?

Denis99
    Free Member

You'll need a 118mm width for the new (2010) soul – I originally fitted a 113mm – but it will foul the crank arms.

UN53 if it makes any difference.

bonesetter
    Free Member

warpcow – Member

I suspect it's a Boone ti chainring or something similar.

It is indeed a very, very beautiful Boone 🙂

coastkid
    Free Member

170 square tapers spinning on a phil wood ti BB…sweetness 🙂

JB
    Free Member

I've just fitted a set of Sq Taper RS8s onto my Cotic Simple (SKF Bottom Bracket), was advised to Re-torque (40Nm) after first ride… I did and it needed a good bit, but have done the same after every ride its had so far (about 6 times) and has needed a noticeable mount of re-torquing each time…anyone else experienced this?

coatesy
    Free Member

Yup, regular re-torquing required until they've bedded in(check Royce bedding in procedure for full details).

mocha
    Free Member

hey Coastkid, did you get the bb for the pug from the states or does someone in the UK do'em?

sorry for the hijack.

cheers!

Ambrose

Running on a Royce BB.

And creaked like a good 'un until properly bedded in, as stated above.

stoney
    Free Member

Square Taper M burns on both bikes here. Only now after 10+ years and 2-3 bbs has the old RS3 given up.. (the taper on the drive side arm!).Currently being replaced with an RS7…. Both running a Royce sq.taper, 109mm axel.

😛

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Square Taper Middleburn Users…..Step Forward.’ is closed to new replies.