Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Spybike GPS tracking system for bikes…
  • gonzy
    Free Member

spotted this on a pinkbike thread….had a look at the website and it looks promising….
    anyone got one or know of anyone who has one?
    http://www.integratedtrackers.com/GPSTrack/Spybike.jsp

chewkw
    Free Member

This is very interesting … I like.

Will give them a call tomorrow.

Stuuey

Min 250mm sheerer tube?

gonzy
    Free Member

Min 250mm sheerer tube?

oops!! just spotted that….but the device itself is 110mm long so i suppose it can be bodged to fit a shorter steerer tube….

allthepies
    Free Member

They have a spylamp also!

http://www.integratedtrackers.com/GPSTrack/spylamp2.jsp

Although I’d worry about how waterproof/robust that was.

woody74

Ive got one and it works pretty well. Bit of a faff getting a sim card that works and it would be a whole lot easier if they just sold one themselves. You need to get a pay as you go sim card that will allow data but not be signing up to a monthly plan. Bit fiddly to find for some reason. Works well when out in the open and movement sensor is good.

allthepies
    Free Member

Perhaps you could share the details of which SIM you used ?

officialtob
    Free Member

+1

gonzy
    Free Member

+1

Leku
    Free Member

woody – I would be more worried that I have just worked out where to live, know to remove gps tracker and watch of for the cameras. Is your front door still blue?

Who needs Prism.

scuttler

Giffgaff (runs on o2) should work – http://giffgaff.com/index/pricing

There’s various phone/data tariffs on there but I run on iPad (infrequent data use) on payg and occasionally buy a one month bundle if I’m off on holiday or definitely away from wireless. I believe it’d cost you 20p a day (up to 20MB) for the days you activated the tracker.

What sized SIM does the tracker use?

woody74

The tracker uses a standard size sim. I ended up with an T Mobile SIM but tried a number and then ended up speaking to their call centre to get the right one. The problem is that sales staff don’t really get why you need a sim that can have data, send texts but that you are not going to use in a phone. Best advice is don’t order a sim over the internet but go into a shop or all a provider as many sim deals are based on a monthly data package. If you see a sim with say £10 of data then it will almost certainly run out after 1 month.

Leku, no my front door is not blue and never has been!!

Security wise I have decided that if they want it then they will get it and you really can’t stop them. However you can help to catch the bastards afterwards with GPS or CCTV. It also stop them from telling the police that they bought it from a block in the pub so they can then not be charged with burglary. Thats the excuse someone used who was caught in our car 30min after it was stolen.

woody74

Scuttler – The only problem I can see with the GiffGaff Sim is that for data you pay 20p a day and this will add up over the year. What you want is a bog standard old school sim where you just say put £10 on and then pay as you use. The rates will be much higher but the tracker uses so little data and txt it doesn’t really matter.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Spybike GPS tracking system for bikes…’ is closed to new replies.