Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • SpringPad v. Evernote
  • Rickos
    Free Member

SpringPad and Evernote seem to do the same thing, so which would win in a fight and why?

Rickos
    Free Member

Anybody?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

springpad

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Evernote here. Not used Springpad.

Evernote gets a 10/10. Sounds sad, but I couldn’t imagine my digital/working life without it.

Rickos
    Free Member

Am I right in that they do indeed do the same thing? Is one more android and one more Appley?

grum
    Free Member

chipsandgravy – why is it so useful to you/what do you use it for?

I downloaded it and it seems cool but I haven’t used it much.

Cletus

I use Evernote but would only rate it 6/10. The issues I have with it are the poor formatting support (particularly cut and paste from MS Office) and the amount of resources that the Windows application consumes. If these issues were resolved I would use it far more.

Might check out Springpad to see if that is better.

colournoise

Glad I’m not the only one frustrated by the formatting issue in Evernote. If they get that sorted I could use it for almost all my work stuff.

Tried Springpad a while back when I was choosing which of these apps to go with but didn’t get on with it.

Might also want to look at Catch if you want something lightweight.

spacemonkey

Have used Evernote for about 4 years and find it the best tool for ‘filing stuff’ by miles – approx 1500 snippets and counting. The lack of formatting is properly irritating though. Then again, I don’t use it for creating stuff, only for storing.

Had a go at Springpad a few weeks ago and wanted to like it but found it completely sh1t IBH. Tries to be clever but ends up being a mess.

mogrim

I use Springpad, tried Evernote but couldn’t see any advantage. I use the Chrome extension, all syncs nicely from pad to phone to computer.

Alex

Evernote here across mac/tablet/phone and PC. Formatting is rubbish but otherwise I love it. Also use the audio recording for making lists. Works really well.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

chipsandgravy – why is it so useful to you/what do you use it for?

I mainly use Evernote for:

Note taking – be it on phone, ipad, or laptop
    Project planning – to do’s
    Grabbing and storing files, pdf web clips

Peace of mind that the all this stuff is in one place and nicely syncing across devices

woffle
    Free Member

Another Evernote user here (been using it since 2008). I can live with the formatting problems – great for scans, snippets of code / text etc.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘SpringPad v. Evernote’ is closed to new replies.