• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by br.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Springertrackworld.. ££££
  • totalshell

no2 daughter is dog mad, even to the point of borrowing friends and neighbours animals to take to local pet and dog shows.. shes won money even!!

but her aim is her own springer, shes great with her other pets guinea pigs and fish and feeds and cleans them without having to be asked and shes a big outdoors person and has too much energy.. so I ll go along with it but shes to provide the cash.. so bottom line how much is she going to have to stuff into her piggy bank?

andyl
    Free Member
    birney29
    Free Member

You can get a very good springer from 250 upwards, but you might want to look into one of the excellent springer rescue organisations. If you are in Scotland, Springer Rescue Scotland is fantastic.

I have a springer and a cocker. Both are fantastic. Love biking.

nonk
    Free Member

If it was me and she had proven herself to be good at keeping the other pets I reckon I would just get her one.
    It’s a good thing for a kid to be into.

br
    Free Member

£40 local rescue centre.

Although our Working Cocker cost over £400 as a pup.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Not entirely sure you can compare a Springer with a fish or guinea pig (and I’m not entirely sure a Springer is such a good idea), but good on her 🙂
    If I were looking for one I’d def be looking at rehoming although she may want the puppy bit. If you were buying then there will be a big variation in prices. Our Cocker was ‘a lot’ but worth every penny (and I do work her).

JasonDS

Ours was £650 bought as a pup. Don’t forget all the associated costs of ownership such as jabs, vet bills, pet insurance, food, etc.

Love him to bits.

hp_source

Our springer came from the NWESSR (link above by andyl). He was a pup when we got him, so don’t rule rescue places out thinking you’ll only get older dogs.

He’s 3 now, and an awesome dog/pet/friend and constant shadow 🙂

br
    Free Member

Don’t forget all the associated costs of ownership such as jabs, vet bills, pet insurance, food, etc.

Food – 25kg bag of dried mix, £9 – should last over a month
    Vets – only need jabs if you’re going to kennel them at any point
    Insurance – never have for any animal – look at working stock, less issues

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Springertrackworld.. ££££’ is closed to new replies.