Viewing 13 posts - 201 through 213 (of 213 total)
  • Spring clean
  • RustyNissanPrairie

Good lad Harold – always makes me smile seeing pics of him. Especially after he’s had a few voddy’s!

Acorns planted yesterday in the catchly named
    ‘New Forest of Bert’

unless anyone else has a better name?!

RustyNissanPrairie

Another few pockets of acorns collected from footpaths and mowed areas (ie they would never have a chance naturally).

I’ve been going through MrsRNP impressive collection of potted dead garden plants and am going to plant the acorns in tubs/pots for a few years till I hopefully plant them as small trees. The conkers are going in the freezer for a month or so then will also get potted.

Few handfuls of litter but I haven’t taken any pics as I can feel Cougar squirming at the thought of my Covid/cat aids/monkeypox/herpes/VD/piss/shit/vomit/blood covered hands!

kayak23

Acorns planted yesterday in the catchly named
    ‘New Forest of Bert’

unless anyone else has a better name?!

SherwoodBert forest?

RustyNissanPrairie

SherwoodBert forest?

Yeah I like that! Sherbert forest it is!

Picked up more pocket fulls – a few trees on our walks have gone acorn berserk!
    Planted some at home🤞

upload images online

timber

Good efforts 😎👍

As someone that looks after countryside sites it is the most frustrating part of the job.

It’s probably a good thing the perpetrators aren’t about when we are, most of the staff here would be awaiting murder trials otherwise.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Acorns and conkers are massive this year

retrorick

There might be a decent chance of picking up a prize with the litter lotto.
    I wonder if there is a smaller prize of free food from the burger company sponsor?

RustyNissanPrairie

Installed app this morning. It wants an email and DOB. You can take a photo and upload immediately or batch upload later and see if you’ve won an instant prize. Trustpilot reviews mention a few people winning smaller prizes.

Not a bad idea but it doesn’t work for me as litter picking is a sideline to taking the dog for a walk and not worth the hassle taking a pic of every piece of litter I pick up.

3/4 of a bag (down from the 2bag Mondays in summer) collected this morning – it’s dark at 6am so I can’t see as much litter to pick it.

retrorick

Night vision goggles required for dark early morning litter picking 😉

montgomery

The cynic in me is trying to figure out how this is going to be abused, but I guess it can’t make the problem any worse.

montgomery

You’ve got to be in it to win it… the canalside haul from my weekly supermarket walk just prior to going into the Lidl bin…

montgomery

I have a vision of scrotes emptying out bins of rubbish over the pavement so they can shoot pictures of themselves picking it up for prizes…

Viewing 13 posts - 201 through 213 (of 213 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.