Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 498 total)
  • Spring clean
  • crossed

You can’t make this stuff up.
    I went around the village litter picking as the road was closed, five black bags of crap collected.
    Next morning, greeted with this on the path I’d just cleared!

A03-BD02-F-1-DEC-4-A74-B0-DF-ED2756361126

kayak23

^^^ Not cool*

Been down the local river in the canoe with Harold this afternoon.
    Lots and lots of placcy bottles and beer cans as usual in the hot weather.

Loads of people swimming in the river, and lots of litter around them.
    I started picking it out of the river around a group of shrieky teenagers and got a plastic energy drink bottle thrown near me in the water and a little after while paddling away, one of them said he’d kill my dog.
    Bless em 😊👍

*sorry.

RustyNissanPrairie

and got a plastic energy drink bottle thrown near me in the water and a little after while paddling away, one of them said he’d kill my dog.

this is why I only litter pick in the mornings – I fully expect to get my ‘head kicked in’ for being a doo-goodah.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RustyNissanPrairie

Took three bags with me this morning and was pleasantly surprised to only fill two!

I think there should be public information films on how to use a bin – people just have no idea! IT GOES INSIDE NOT JUST NEAR IT

kayak23

this is why I only litter pick in the mornings – I fully expect to get my ‘head kicked in’ for being a doo-goodah.

Yeah, I probably do need to have a bit of a word with myself sometimes.
    I seem to be getting more up front with it, picking litter up strewn around groups of teenyboppers who are still sitting there, picking it out of the river in my boat while they’re still swimming and screaming about, for example.

Trying hard not to become Michael Douglas 😂

RustyNissanPrairie

Another route this morning – same outcome, 1 bag o’shite

RustyNissanPrairie

Quick trip to the doggo grub shop – bloody disgusting……

why would anyone drink Budweiser? no wonder they ditched it.

free image hosting

RustyNissanPrairie

Don’t know if there’s a Strava for self entitlement litter picking but this morning was a slow 1.4mile in 1hour due to the amount of crap that needed picking. Bert going to doggo daycare today so he wasn’t that bothered!
    1 full bag filled.

Daffy

I’ve just come back from Sicily and was utterly appalled at the state of the Italian towns, streets and beaches (those not run as a business).

The locals themselves just don’t seem to care. Shared bins for recycling near our villa and if the bins looked full, they’d just dump it in whatever bin had space or drop it on the ground. Animals then get into the bags and there’s crap everywhere by morning. They then do it again! Why?! What’s wrong with these people?

RustyNissanPrairie

{Makes mental note not to bother moving to Sicily!}

RustyNissanPrairie

Last night’s poo&two, this morning’s bag of litter collected and damaged flower bed repaired.

RustyNissanPrairie

Tonight’s poo and two, beautiful Riverside walk in Irwell Vale….perfect place to dump a tent. Dragged a half a mile to a bin along with a discarded water bottle floating down the river.

RustyNissanPrairie

Surprisingly tidy for a Monday morning following a nice weather weekend – perhaps people have suddenly become tidier and more caring for their environment?????

Only one bag today instead of the usual two.

RustyNissanPrairie

Bert at bum sniffing orgy all day aka doggo daycare so only short 2mile de-pooing walk.
    1 bag o’shite collected.

RustyNissanPrairie

The wazzing it down wine bottle walk.

Not done this route for a bit whilst it’s been warm. Someone likes a bottle of wine along this route then chucks the bottle in the same place. Collected 8-10 of them.

Part of the route goes alongside the A56 sliproad – the amount of shit thrown from vehicles is insane.
    2 bags collected.

kayak23

Someone likes a bottle of wine along this route then chucks the bottle in the same place. Collected 8-10 of them.

Crazy isn’t it. I regularly pick up bottles of vodka on a canal slipway near work. Same place.
    There’s a bin literally a few feet away.

RustyNissanPrairie

Someone clearly has an alcohol issue with mine – I’ve cleared quite a few caches of empty bottles on this particular path/route in previous years before I started chronicling my litter picks.

RustyNissanPrairie

Sustran #6 shit

Nice sundown walk along local NCR as I know it’ll be quiet. Beautiful tree lined section near Irwell Vale. Someone has bagged their dogs shit then shoved it in their Greggs cup before dropping it.

Carried along with Bert’s poo for a mile to the nearest bin.
    🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

bails

. I regularly pick up bottles of vodka on a canal slipway near work. Same place.
    There’s a bin literally a few feet away

To be fair, if I’d drunk an entire bottle of vodka I’d probably miss the bin as well.

RNP & Bert: keep up the good work.

@kayak23
    I thought you were in the posh South of the county!

kayak23

@kayak23 I thought you were in the posh South of the county!

No, Warwickshire. It’s grim up here.

Pulled out the road on the way to work. Bang! Some delightful person had chucked their massive McDonald’s bag out their car window into the road.
    Put my gloves on and picked the lot up.
    Minging. Sauce sachets and milkshake everywhere.

RustyNissanPrairie

A miracle has occurred! The scruffs of Rossendale have learnt to use bins!

Post bank holiday weekend and I only collected half a bag from Whitaker Park / CowLane rather than the usual two full bags I would have expected.

(I expect another Civicpride litter picker beat me to it!)

kayak23

(I expect another Civicpride litter picker beat me to it!)

Damn those rival litter pickers!
    Hate it when they get there first!.😂

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Top of our lane yesterday, two cars pulled in young lads, one changing a tyre “morning, you lads ok?” “Yeah just had a flat” “OK AS long you’re alright” gave them a cheery wave and drove on. Come back 10 mins later and the **** pricks have dumped a bag of KFC detritus on the grass. Bastards.

RustyNissanPrairie

The problem with litter picking is that you cannot un-see litter.

Sometimes I just want to have a nice encumbered early morning walk with Bert. Unfortunately Monster swilling idiots and a spare green bag in my pocket result in hand picked litter picking.

pictonroad

Did a walk/litter pick with the kids then headed to the beach at the weekend. Loads of anglers on the beach. Mostly large family groups, no natives, was warmed by this sight of mixed cultures enjoying a simple activity.

View post on imgur.com

I then saw that they were chucking their rubbish straight in the sea. 😳 I asked one bloke to stop and it very quickly turned hostile and I scarpered.

Every walk I go on I’m either totally disheartened by the litter everywhere, (mostly the bags and bags of dog shit tbh) or I end up having a row with someone Dropping litter or not picking up shite.

This activity, It’s back for your mental and physical health!

montgomery
    Free Member

Saturday.

Yesterday (Tuesday).

ajantom

I asked one bloke to stop and it very quickly turned hostile and I scarpered.

Earlier in the summer I was walking over a bridge in town and I remonstrated with a bloke chucking a beer bottle into the river.

He absolutely lost his shit with me, shouting, threatening to fight me, etc. I just stood there looking bemused!
    He then started accusing me of harassing him and got his phone out to call the police 🤔

It took his girlfriend explaining to him that calling the police to say he’d thrown litter in the river and wasn’t happy that I’d had a word with him maybe wasn’t the cleverest idea.

They then scarpered, but he threw a few threats in my direction as he left.

Some people are **** and idiots in equal measure!

kayak23

I think I’m almost full grumpy old man now. This litter picking mission has I think made me even more aware of the selfishness of others, plus it’s made me more likely to point it out. I may get murdered.

I was sat in the car in town yesterday just sat sitting while my partner went off to Boots for glasses.
    A bloke pulls up into the space in front of me, his car facing mine nose to nose.
    His wife gets out and wanders off over the road to the shopping centre.
    I think nothing of it, until maybe a minute or so later when he still hasn’t switched his engine off. It’s a diesel and sounds like a tractor.
    I wait a while. I look at him. I wait a while. I look at him. He’s on his phone of course and it’s been about ten minutes now.
    I assume as it’s a warm day that he’s running his aircon.
    I start chucking the odd key-turning gesture at him but he doesn’t look up from his phone.

After a good bit I just can’t not say something so I get out and ask him if he’d mind turning his engine off. His windows were open so not an aircon thing.

‘Oh sorry, is it bothering you?’
    ‘Yes it is actually. How long is your wife going to be? Have you not heard of the climate emergency?’ I say, or something like that.

He turns it off and says sorry and I get back in the car.
    After another five minutes his wife comes back and they pull out. I completely avoid eye contact 😂

RustyNissanPrairie

montgomery
    Saturday.

Yesterday (Tuesday).

👍

RustyNissanPrairie

Thick lazy ****

RustyNissanPrairie

Strava log.
    5012 steps, 1 poo (Bert), 1bag of litter.

RustyNissanPrairie

Poo and two……. or in this morning’s case – 2poo’s and four but it doesn’t quite have the same ring to it!

RustyNissanPrairie

Monday morning tidy up. 1 bag collected.

Also as a UDO (Useful Dog Owner) I’ve started collecting acorn’s/horse chestnut/sycamore and whatever else that falls off trees and shrubs and plant them in the area of land that I’ve commandeered and cleared.

RustyNissanPrairie

Bert

733-EF07-B-41-A5-4-DB3-AF6-A-9745108-FA254
    797-F7218-07-A2-4788-BBCB-CF1151-E92676

🤷 picture hosting

RustyNissanPrairie

RustyNissanPrairie

Litter picking season is coming to an end very soon as it’s getting dark on the morning walk and there generally isn’t as much litter about.
    Collected another few pockets worth of acorns this morning for planting.

kayak23

Trying out Harold on a liquid diet.
    He seems to enjoy it.

The favourite tipple of a canal drinker by work. Too pissed to put the bottles in the bin that’s 15 feet away from his preferred spot obviously.
    Picked up along with a stainless steel steamer pan too.
    Nowt so queer as folk…

Cougar

Rusty, if you send me your address, I’ll buy you a pack of Marigolds for Christmas.

Gods only know what that shit might be contaminated with.

Cougar

The favourite tipple of a canal drinker by work. Too pissed to put the bottles in the bin that’s 15 feet away from his preferred spot obviously.
    Picked up along with a stainless steel steamer pan too.
    Nowt so queer as folk…

Clearly, he’s not pissed. He’s steaming drunk.

TheBrick
    Free Member

You guys are dedicated. I do the same thing once a month or so along our road but not everyday.

What I can’t understand is there are neighbors that walk dogs everyday and have commented on me picking up on litter but never pick up any themselves!?! If they picked up a bag once a week the road would be kept clear.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 498 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts