• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by ads678.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Sprankle – Arrse.
  • redthunder
    Free Member

Not even on the bike. Taking a snap turned with bike after and ankle folded whilst coming of a step :(.

At least its not a Brankle.

Strapped and iced 🙁

PS Still pressed on with the ride 😉 Probably regret that.

What a dumb ass injury, what have you lot injured in a dumb ass way ?

submarined
    Free Member

Ouch. Could have been worse, could have been a sprarse.

Dislocated my elbow getting up from pretending to be a combine harvester.

tuboflard

Broke a rib sneezing whilst on the PlayStation once. And broke my ankle on a step much like you describe, folded under me and went crack. Shared a house with a GP at the time who told me it was fine so slept on it and no surprise was like a balloon the following day. Never ask a GP for a diagnosis.

redthunder
    Free Member

@submarined

“pretending to be a combine harvester”

tell us more?

submarined
    Free Member

I think it was at the point where I retracted the boom, if that helps?

*I may have been 5, but that takes away some of the anecdote

scruffythefirst
    Free Member

Fell off a rock climb over jubilee weekend now have a broback* and smashist**.

*T12
    **Fracture clinic on wed to find out how smashed.

martymac

After 40+yrs hanging around ice rinks, playing ice hockey and going to canada 3 times in winter, i slipped ON ICE and broke my ankle. Edit: at work, in the uk.
    Gentle exercise helped a lot, I could feel the extra strength the day after a ride.
    Listen to your doctor though.

Yak

My kids needed to know what the duckwalk was. So I demonstrated and tore my hamstring.

MoreCashThanDash

Genuinely, I have sneezed and put my back out, like a fat middle aged bloke in an 80s sitcom.

I have also put my back out getting milk out the fridge. In the office, there were witnesses.

I now bend my knees when attempting either manoeuvre

Phil_H

Bilateral spiral fracture of the 5th metatarsal doing star jumps.

You know you’ve done something unusual/interesting/stupid when all the staff in A&E are crowded round the monitor pointing at the the x ray.
    6 weeks in a pair of moon boots was a challenge.

shermer75
    Free Member

6 weeks in a pair of moon boots was a challenge

Why a pair? Did you fracture both? Also, star jumps- that’s an interesting mechanism of injury! Do you break bones a lot or is that a one-off?

mogrim

My worse sprankle happened stepping down a kerb while crossing the road, just outside the sports centre where I was picking up my bib number for a mountain marathon…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Fuankle?

redthunder
    Free Member

@worldclasdaccident

Epic!

Also, bit odd my sprankle. Last night/evening I could’nt barely put any weight on it and painfull all around the sole of the foot. Later at night I felt really chilled and almost feverish. I wanted blankets etc and was told I was really hot to touch. Couple of Ibruprofens and went to bed.

This morning, massive bruise appearing but can walk on it and feels OK’ish.

Weird!

Is there such a thing as reverse delayed shock ?

Esme
    Free Member

I turned my ankle a couple of months ago, just walking along the edge of a tarmac road (the grassy verge had hidden holes).  It swelled immediately but the bruising didn’t appear for a week, when my toes turned black.

Stupidly – in retrospect – I took my companions on a ride the following day. This seemed sensible at the time, as we were on holiday in the Lake District, and riding was MUCH easier than walking.  But that’s maybe why it’s still quite swollen and achey even now.

The worst bit was damaging my expensive Paramo jacket when I tried to stand up, and fainted onto a barbed wire fence!

ads678

I think it was at the point where I retracted the boom, if that helps?

Thought this was a euphamism until….

*I may have been 5

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.