Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 413 total)
  • SPOTY Thread…..
  • tomaso
    Free Member

I an surprised that cycling is so well received to win twice on the bounce!

dannyh
    Free Member

Absolutely quality the look on Mrs Wiggins’ face when she went “oh no!” when he was asked to say a few word.

He deserves it – I would have preferred David Weir to be in the top 3, but you can’t have everything.

Very important that Brailsford said a ‘clean British rider’ as well.

A final word for Seb Coe – he has never been my ‘cup of tea’, but he got it done – end of.

dannyh
    Free Member

Ennis and Kate on one stage

It’s a major shame Keri Anne Payne didn’t win her event and get on stage. Now that’s crumpet.

druidh
    Free Member

Or a lot of cyclists vote…..

rOcKeTdOg

Ennis and Kate on one stage

It’s a major shame Keri Anne Payne didn’t win her event and get on stage. Now that’s crumpet.

BOOM! stw explodes

CountZero

BOOM! stw my head explodes

mark90
    Free Member

Nice suit Brad, but Jess in that dress 😆

m0nster2
    Free Member

Froome and Brailsford on red button telly (and 5 Live) right now.
    Giving it plenty on how cycling’s changing society.
    Froome very cagey… “Gotta choose my words carefully”

mudshark
    Free Member

BOOM! stw explodes

Oops just spilt something on my keyboard.

Kryton57

I’m going to bed dreaming about a threesome with Kate and Jessica.

Goodnight.

ampthill

Kate yet again up staged by an even better rear….

See, Keri-Anne shows a massive camels toe, Jess keeps her goods respectable – well, apart from an impressive 6-pack. The difference in class is there to see 😉

mafiafish
    Free Member

Seb Coe – why? Bradley – yes, 2nd/3rd Hoy, Jess, Weir, Storey not flipping Murray.

richmars

Seb Coe – why?

Maybe because he’s won a few medals and lead the team that inspired the nation.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

reckon Coe needs balding to give him a few slaps– the self seeking ****

Seb Coe is a legend and an inspiration – he’s done our country proud. Jeez, surely you can’t disagree – or maybe you can?????

CaptJon
    Free Member

According to Tom Fordyce (BBC journo) on twitter:

Percentage of those votes for the 1-2-3: Wiggo 30.25%, Jess 22.92%, Murray 14.17%. More on the other nine Monday morning

mafiafish
    Free Member

Maybe because he’s won a few medals and lead the team that inspired the nation.

He’s hardly ‘lead’ the team, he’s just been the figurehead and represented hundreds of people working under him over a few years. He’s also been very opaque on the commercial side of the olympics, especially the terrible sponsorship choice and his own firm securing the management contracts. He also appears to be patronising and evasive when questioned on his actions and showed little humility towards the fact that he was employed to get great value for the taxpayer rather than being some untouchable emperor of pomp and ceremony.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Full votes:

Wiggo 492k
    Ennis 372k
    Murray 230k
    Mo 131k
    Weir 114k
    Ellie 102k
    Hoy 42k
    Adams 35.6k
    Ainslie 35.4k
    Rory 29k
    Grainger 28k
    Storey 10k

mafiafish
    Free Member

Very disappointing to see Storey that low, two athletes being beaten by a golfist is a poor show.

Love my lickle sis – Time Out Beijing

johndoh
    Free Member

Jess Ennis – forehead like a Vulkan from Star Trek.

MSP

TAFKASTR, you sis looks nothing like jess Ennis. And frankly it’s a little weird posting pictures of her up here.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

its called ‘touting’ !

Coyote
    Free Member

Not sure having Kate doing the presentation was particularly in good taste given recent events…

roady_tony
    Free Member

ummmmm was there no mention of that young british woman who won a tennis open on like her 2nd attempt (unlike murray) and became the youngest british one to do it, as well as the first one in like 60years!!!!!!! ?

nice to see wiggo get it, although getting some more of ennis in that dress is a little more preferable than wiggos velcro suit 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

toady_rony – still time to get your facts straight and edit your post.

roady_tony
    Free Member

too late druidh, what did i do wrong? everything – probably, its early and there is only decaf coffee in.

DezB
    Free Member

Not sure having Kate doing the presentation was particularly in good taste given recent events

Why, what’s she done?

MrSmith
    Free Member

Why, what’s she done?

I refer my learned friend to a tweet from a popular comedian performer from across the border:
    https://twitter.com/frankieboyle/status/280406434418659328

D0NK

druidh – Member
    It’ll be all waves and smiles from the car drivers tomorrow morning eh?

Only 1.6M votes and not all of them for bikerists, no there’ll still be plenty of drivers foaming at the mouth as you ride past.

zokes
    Free Member

Yet more proof that with the odd exception (this not being one), Frankie Boyle is an unfunny asshat

bikebouy
    Free Member

Did Wiggo get 30% of the votes?? (Didn’t watch spotty)

I didn’t think the UK knew about cycling.

Pretty good that.

druidh
    Free Member

He got 30% of the votes cast. There is no breakdown to show how many of those were from cyclists.

DezB
    Free Member

I didn’t think the UK knew about cycling.

Really don’t get why folk think Bradley Wiggins/Team GB cycling has anything to do with the cycling we do.
    Anymore than jumpers for goalposts football in the park has anything to do with Premier League football; splashing about in Butlins pool has anything to do with Olympic swimming; or a scrap in the playground is related to MMA.

singletracked
    Free Member

Really don’t get why folk think Bradley Wiggins/Team GB cycling has anything to do with the cycling we do.

Because at one time they used to do the cycling we do, and they motivate more people to do the cycling that we do.

Does that help?

Kryton57

DezB – Member

Are you for real or just trollin’?

We are cyclist’s and most of us in a small way whether its between ourselves or others cycle competitively or for enjoyment and generally have an interest in the sport. Therefore Bradley, being the winner of the renown pinnacle of bike racing The Tour de France, is a stand out achiever, talisman and inspiration to many who share the same interest in this country (becuase he is British) and others.

At least thats how I’d explain it to my 3yo, I’d don’t expect to have had to do that to a proper grown up!

druidh
    Free Member

I do wish folk wouldn’t always refer to cycling as a sport. For the vast majority of bicycle riders it is a means of transport and/or a hobby.

druidh
    Free Member

Kryton57

Read my para carefully druidh – I said:

We are cyclist’s and most of us in a small way whether its between ourselves or others cycle competitively or for enjoyment and generally have an interest in the sport

aka The Sport within which Bradley presides. I didn’t state “all cycling was Sport”

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 413 total)

The topic ‘SPOTY Thread…..’ is closed to new replies.