Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Spot the Mod – Pitch Content
  • anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Now removing stickers and decals I can understand, I frikken hate the way everything comes with HUGE nasty logos smothered all over it. But this is plainly just stupidity. ‘Sleeper’ my ass. ‘Devalued’ and ‘pointless’ yes.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

anotherdeadhero – Member

Now removing stickers and decals I can understand, I frikken hate the way everything comes with HUGE nasty logos smothered all over it. But this is plainly just stupidity. ‘Sleeper’ my ass. ‘Devalued’ and ‘pointless’ yes.

You go girl.

😀

steve_b77
    Free Member

anotherdeadhero – Member

Knickers Twist, nah, never, ‘onest Guv’ 😆

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

well I love it, and thats all that matters 🙂

I’ve got some switchback stickers, but a bit reluctant to fit them as i used to have a trailstar in the same colour, so tempted to get trailstar stickers and just add the Reynolds520 sticker, see who notices. Even de-stickered, with a deliberately distrressed powdercoat, then stickered up with random magazine stickers, a few people have spotted what it is.

robdob
    Free Member

Absolutely brilliant. I will be doing a similar thing if I ever upgrade my forks, if the cost is do-able.

The reason for the sleeper style is that no one understands it. Normally people want to show off how much money they’ve spent, I prefer to let the riding do the talking.

amedias
    Free Member

I tend to de-sticker a lot of my bikes and bits…

last weekend, me and riding buddy pulled up to the tea van and there were three kids in the Queue, over-heard one of them say ‘look, that guys got the same forks as me, cool!’ (which made me immediately vow to remove the stickers) and his mate said ‘what bike is it?’ and the only thing he could come up with was ‘the bright orange one’

I like the fact that every little 14year old MBUK grommet in the woods looks at my bike and can’t tell what it is, kinda re-inforces the point that it shouldn’t matter if im on an ’09 super-pro-team-sl-uber-bouncer or a ‘huh?’

removes a lot of the gear snobbery when the gear isn’t easily identifiable…

flamejob
    Free Member

[cars]
    [/cars]

‘Sleeper’ my ass. ‘Devalued’ and ‘pointless’ yes.

Knickers Twist, nah, never, ‘onest Guv’

My bikes do illicit a kinda Marmite response, I’m rarely called stupid though. 😥 😥

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I’d call it a sleeper if you hadn’t put some decals back on again …

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

Surely it depends on the fitness/skill of the rider that decides wether its a sleeper, after all thats the power plant. If i saw some fat bastard that looked tottaly unfit but he ripped it up on the downs and ups that would be a sleeper.
    All you have done is put different stickers on, im sure a better rider than yourself could beat you down a hill with pikes on. He would then laugh his head off at your “sleeper” bike.

I totally understand it with cars but what you have done is just pointless.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If i saw some fat bastard that looked tottaly unfit but he ripped it up on the downs and ups that would be a sleeper.

That’s me, that is.
    8)

RustySpanner

I like this, a lot.
    Appeals to my sense of devilment.

Probably been done, but how about an Inbred sprayed in DeKerf colours/logo’s? Should irk the purists nicely, and annoy owners of both brands of bike.

When the Rock Lobster needs a paintjob I’m almost tempted to go for early 90’s Kona or Marin paint, along with matching yellow lowers for my Reba’s.

Looking at the ‘Cowhorns’ thread, I’d also love a good quality old steel road frame with a Raleigh Arena paintjob, shorty mudguards and built up with nice road bits.
    Just because.

flamejob
    Free Member

Way back when, around ’89/’90 when Wednesday night racing at Eastway was in full swing I remember seeing a bike that really caught my fancy; I think it was a custom Roberts with full Suntour XC Pro groupset, but it was painted like a Raleigh Mustang – you know, the Purple haze paintjob with original decals and head badge. That was Rad.

I actually have some history of this…

a nod to history that gave some old timers a chuckle; on my last Megavalanche build:

dasnut
    Free Member

yes I recall that on mega flamey.

I like the fact everyone has become wound up by you spraying some forks, muppets!

dasnut diggin the custom look

heres my own, none bike related

cynic-al
    Free Member

How could you do that to such a nice vehicle?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Whats wrong with that?

dasnut
    Free Member

clinic-al

I didn’t do it, I imported it from a guy who did it in Canada.
    As for “do that to such a nice vehicle”

1) so it isn’t nice anymore?
    2) no modifications were made that couldn’t be reversed, although I wouldn’t go back to drum brakes on a bus that puts out 200bhp (originally 25hp) if I were you

twas the second fastest bus in the uk for a couple of years when I had it, not sure where it is now….

cynic-al
    Free Member

I just like original stuff – particularly classics. Each to their own and all.

steve_b77
    Free Member

My Old Car

Slightly brighter than the bus, but not in your face styling.

Subtle for 234BHP 😀

sv

Very nice – liking the idea behind too. Good STW response!

flamejob
    Free Member

As we’re on cars; I had this for about 3 years. I got 6 points on the motorway once and the cops said ‘at first we thought we were tracking the wrong car’ No ‘Supercharged’ badge, just some black G40 ones.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Flamejob,

Nice, my mate had one of them with a “breathed” on G60 motor in it, suffice to say drive shafts were a bit of an issue when it came to keeping them in on piece

NotoriousP.I.D
    Free Member

Subtle for 234BHP

Aftermarket skirts + splitter + wheels + big spoiler + sticker in the back window + pikey racing seats = most certainly not subtle.

Just because it is black it doesn’t make it subtle.

Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Spot the Mod – Pitch Content’ is closed to new replies.