Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sporty winter sun holidays in Feb?
  • jkomo

Looking for some winter sun for the family, that is so much fun they won’t notice me disappear on the bike for a day.
    Lanzarote looks good, but La Santa is pretty pricey, and a bit serious looking.
    Not skiing
    Cheers.

aracer
    Free Member

If you don’t need hardcore sporty, then all sorts of options in the Canaries. We went to a hotel on Fuerteventura a few years ago which supplied decent road and mountain bikes for guided rides – not particularly why we chose it either, it was just a decent hotel for a holiday (mainly German FWIW, which might be worth remembering when searching as they seem a bit more into that sort of thing as part of a normal holiday).

deadkenny
    Free Member

jkomo – Member 
    Not skiing

Fat bike in the snow? 😉

RoterStern
    Free Member

Fuerteventura has the most likeyhood of sunshine in Feb. May not be that warm but sunny. I went there in March (for Easter) quite a few years ago and we were lucky with temps up to 26 degrees. We were right at the south of the island near Morro Jable but there was a Robinson hotel next door to ours that was geared up for sports. Plus there was lots of riding in the mountains towards the end of the island but not a place you want to crash on a mountainbike beause the rocks were all volcanic and razor sharp.

schrickvr6
    Free Member
    retrorick

Club magic life at the bottom end of Fuerteventura has guided road and mtn bike rides included. Went there a few yrs ago and it was pretty good. The road rides were around 50 miles but sometimes went further depending on the weeks activity schedule. Couldn’t fault it at all. Even the45min walk along the beach to the nearest town was nice in the sun.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Oman and go diving or possible sailing. Probably not do-able cheaply,

Fuertaventura is a good call. Another STWer sent me a very good email with suggestions in. YGM

jkomo

Cheers guys.

aracer
    Free Member

That’s where I went! Couldn’t be bothered with a google search to work it out. Definitely recommended.

Potdog
    Free Member

It’s usually pretty good here in February. Plus you get to chuck yourself down rocky hillsides from over 2000m on your bike from time to time. You can even ride one of those strange skinny tyre bikes up to 2500m from sea level if that’s your perversion.
    Or scuba dive, paraglide, golfing, horse treks……..
    Oh, or just sit on the beach.
    lavatrax.com

flowerpower
    Free Member

Couple of my mates really rate this place https://www.clublasanta.co.uk/first-time/sports-enthusiast/ although I’ve never been.

EDIT: sorry, just read OP properly! If it’s any reassurance I think you can make it as serious (or not) as you like. My mates (training for an iron man) took their boyfriends. The guys just hung out by the pool and borrowed mtbs for the occasional ride.

jkomo

Potdog, any nice hotels nearby, or ones to avoid?
    Also be nice to be near a real town.
    Thanks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sporty winter sun holidays in Feb?’ is closed to new replies.