Sport Pursuit…what a useless shower of ****!

Home Forum Bike Forum Sport Pursuit…what a useless shower of ****!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Sport Pursuit…what a useless shower of ****!
  • lucien

Bad weekend?

Premier Icon vondally
    Subscriber

I was happy with my many sports pursuit purchases till one parcel went missing…….and then reappeared 3 months later???? Twixt poorish customer service, Nigerian scammers and finding similar prices or lower elsewhere, try tk maxx, not bothered since…………………….

Premier Icon cookeaa
    Subscriber

Other online shops are available…

Plus nobody ever puts Normal sized stuff on offer that’s why it pay’s dividends to be a Fatty or a Dwarf…

Munqe-chick

I’ve never had a provlem with sports pursuit, awesome service, great customer care when I did receive a faultyproduct great wwebsite IMO !

Houns

Howies were having a sale with some merino stuff in. Dunno if still on

Premier Icon tinman66
    Subscriber

I have ordered a couple of things from Sport Pursuit and never had a problem but it is a pain having to wait for three weeks to get your purchase. Also the site is terrible and usually can’t be bothered to sift through all the rubbish on there to find the one decent purchase.

I would guess they only get the products / sizes that the shops / distributors are struggling to shift. Hence why they usually only have very small or very big sizes.

Premier Icon composite
    Subscriber

Only ever bought great bargains from them, quick Google search shows up if it’s really that cheap or not. Customer service has been fine. I got my refund when sizes were wrong and they have delivered in the time they said they would. In my experience if you get on a deal early there is normally the full range of sizes but yes not always, bit like when you take a look at sale rack in a shop…

joespencer33

I’ve ordered a few bits and found them great. The time delay is a pain but necessary to get the deals. Have you considered applying the size filters at the top of the page?

DickBarton

The waiting weeks for delivery is part of the service they order…it explains it all before you order and why it works like that…if you know the wait and still order then why complain.

Sizing thing I get…if none in your size that would be annoying…tried eating more? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

I looked a the Icebreaker stuff and noted that all the sizes were not for me. I was quite pleased cos it meant I’d keep the money in my bank account ๐Ÿ™‚
    Starting a thread was not something that crossed my mind ๐Ÿ˜‰

lucien – Member
    Bad weekend?

Not really, more of a mixed bag. Saturday was cool, got out on my road bike. Sunday was taken up with two separate family commitments which ate up the whole day. Thanks for asking, that’s sweet of you!

cookeaa – Member
    Other online shops are available…

What the deuce?! NOW you tell me!

Plus nobody ever puts Normal sized stuff on offer that’s why it pay’s dividends to be a Fatty or a Dwarf…

I would guess they only get the products / sizes that the shops / distributors are struggling to shift. Hence why they usually only have very small or very big sizes.

Understood, but if you’re gonna have next-gen bells & whistles on your website, like a size-filter, make sure the blighter works!

DickBarton – Member
    The waiting weeks for delivery is part of the service they order…it explains it all before you order and why it works like that…if you know the wait and still order then why complain.

Also understood. Why complain? Primarily because my time has been wasted with a most futile Pursuit (see what i did there?). Have you any idea how important my time is? No, I thought not…though this thread should give you a fair idea!

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

Fantastic. I’ve got quite a few bits from them and I like the way they are providing a portal for some newer and unfamiliar brands.

Does anyone want a referral link?

DickBarton

Can’t be that important…you are posting on a bike forum…;-)

Jamie

Does anyone want a referral link?

OH **** YES!

Just perusing the Icebreaker merino stuff with the size-medium filter selected.

Ooh, that looks nice (click) hmmm…small and XXL only.
    Well, never mind, I quite like this, too…oh, XL and XXL only. Harumph.
    I’ll need something snug for the winter…dagnabit…no mediums!
    This is a nice shade of blue…it’ll set my sparkling blue eyes off just dandy! And there’s a medium available…whoot!!! *adds to basket* “This product is currently out of stock”

Assuming I can be arsed to navigate their broken website:
    – I then have to wait weeks for delivery
    – can’t exchange for another size
    – would have to wait up to 2 weeks for a refund, if required

Sport Pursuit, your offer sucks ballz. You’d have to literally be giving stuff away…and even then I don’t think I have the patience to endure your shower-of-shit, tease of a website!

That is all.

argyle

sadly the nature of the beast with these ‘flash sale’ sites is that you wait a while for the bargains. they hold no stock, only buy in what is sold after the sale has finished. It’s then on the supplier to ship out quickly and hope there are no problems. any delays just add up and add up,as there is no stock there that is why you cant exchange for a different size/colour. you pays yer money, you takes yer chances. it’s quite a genius business model from their point of view – not so much from the consumer side though

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

The waiting weeks for delivery is part of the service

I find the best way is not to wait.
    If you just get on with your life and try really hard to forget you’ve ordered something, it’s like getting a present when it finally turns up.

bellefied

I use them regularly – never had any problem (I’m Fat B*****d size), but as others have mentioned, sometimes its best to check that the bargains are not cheaper elsewhere

Premier Icon Lifer
    Subscriber

Yep never had problems, do have to get in quick to get S/M sizes, I think regular customers get emails quicker as I used to get emails 2 days into sales (when a lot of S/M sizes had gone) but after buying a few things I seem to get them at the beginning.

andyrm

I think regular customers get emails quicker as I used to get emails 2 days into sales (when a lot of S/M sizes had gone) but after buying a few things I seem to get them at the beginning.

Pretty sure that’s the case – and good business sense too. Make the offers available first to your most engaged and financially valuable customers then offer it out to everyone else a few days later. Helps with forecasting projected overall sales.

๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Sport Pursuit…what a useless shower of ****!’ is closed to new replies.