Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 146 total)
  • Spooky/strange encounters.
  • yodagoat
    Free Member

To accompany my scared of the dark thread, lets hear tales of your spooky/strange encounters even if they’re not bike related.

McHamish
    Free Member

I once had a nightmare that someone was picking up my wife while she was lying in bed next to me.

It was a very realistic dream and I held her down on the bed shouting her name (while asleep) apparently.

She tells me my eyes were open and everything, i can even remember the vague outline of someone stood next to the bed. While she lifted into the air (although she was happily fast asleep at the time and lying in bed normally).

spacemonkey

Lake District … 3 night stay in a friend’s remote cottage* … middle of the second night … wailing banshee close to window … dog goes into hiding … middle of the third night … same wailing banshee immediately above one’s face … dog even more ballistic … chest of drawers turned over … time to leave.

You can fill in the gaps.

* Turns out the owner never uses that room herself!

yodagoat
    Free Member

You need to fill in the gaps spacemonkey! You’d be crap round the campfire. 🙂
    keep them coming

heckler73
    Free Member

stuff that spacemonkey. id be right outa there too !

samuri
    Free Member

Out riding up on the moors. Pitch Black and foggy too. I’m climbing up this long, wide track and reach a gate. This is absolutely in the middle of nowhere, can’t even see any house or road lights anywhere. I have’t seen a soul for miles. I go through the gate and it makes a distinctive aluminium clatter as it swings shut.

I ride for another 50 metres or so…..

Then the gate clatters shut again…….

Ride fast after that, much!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Stayed in a cottage in mid Wales near Borth.. Bikes, mates, OH’s.. No electricity just gas so we crashed early 1st night, que lots of whaling, crying, whimpering and sobbing. This was 3 in the morning, we stayed up the rest of the night trying to find out where the noise was coming from but couldn’t make it out. 2nd night same noises, 3rd night and we’d had enough and left.. Got,back and called the owner to find out that the cottage was near a farm that bread Basset Hounds about 1/4 of a mile away down the track.
    That’s it. We felt stupid.

codybrennan
    Free Member

I may have told this one before.

20 years ago. December, cold and dark outside. At mum and dads. Fell asleep in my old room in the attic, woke up about half 5 with my mum calling me down for dinner.

Went down the stairs, was about to turn left into the kitchen, glanced left, there’s my dad standing in the living room doorway,facing away from me, staring into the room. Something odd about the way he was standing made me pause for a minute and stare. Couldn’t place it somehow, like he was looking at something terrible on the TV.

Turned and went into the kitchen, there’s dad eating his dinner- turned around- no figure in the living room doorway any more.
    A little shocked, I mention it to mum and dad- dad looks surprised- mum doesn’t. Claims she’s been seeing a male figure around the house for years (not my dad).

18 months later and we’re waiting for the undertakers to set up my brother’s coffin in the living room after his death 2 days before in a motorbike accident. They leave, closing the living room door discreetly and leaving us to it.

We’re all in the kitchen, and dad takes the first step. He walks to the living room door, opens it, but stands there, unable to continue. I’m a few steps behind, and walk past him. As I do so, crapping my pants, I think- where and when did I seen him standing like that before?

Bregante

I’ve just shuddered at that one cody

Pigface
    Free Member

A mate of mine was working on a farm near Chepstow, strange set up with an old house on the lane between her gaff and the parlour. The house was empty, I dont know why but it put the fear of God into me. Just walking past made my skin crawl. This farm used to milk 3 times a day and as we were walking back past the house after last milking we both walked as far away from it as possible. I asked her why she did that and she just said the house gave her the creeps. Never had a feeling like that before or since.

athgray
    Free Member

Had a couple of episodes of sleep paralysis a few years back. Deeply unsettling feeling like someone sitting on my chest and pressure in my skull. Horrible!

PJM1974
    Free Member

I was out on a late night ride a while back and as I passed through the car park in our local woods, I was startled to hear the sound of moaning coming from somewhere nearby. I peered through the wood and saw a ghostly light coming from the carpark and the shadows cast by strange phantom figures. A car appeared to have been demonically possessed as it was rocking from side to side with some vigour and the moans were coming from the general vicinity.

As the moaning appeared to increase in tempo, I reasoned that I didn’t want to hang around too long so I turned around and followed the loop one more time. Presently, I eventually returned to my original route and found myself nearby the carpark again. The ghostly apparition and the possessed car had now gone.

I reckon the place had been visited by a poltergeist, as women’s underwear was strewn all about the place in a very haphazard manner. Further investigation confirmed that it was definitely a poltergeist as there seemed to be traces of ectoplasm on the ground near where the possessed car had been parked.

Not wanting to hang around any longer I jumped back on my bike and sped off, properly spooked by the experience.

Ambrose

Cody- I’ve nothing to say, just a few tears.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Told this before but here it is again.

10 or so years ago I was a student and worked the holidays labouring for Dads building company. He had brought some empty barns to convert right at the back of an empty farm. We were aware squatters had been using the site. First task in the dead of winter was to gut the barns skipping the piles of junk and debris. Someone uncovered a newly bricked up wall, not cemented in, just bricks stacked to form a complete divide. Intrested we took the bricks to reclaim and I noticed a white object on the rear wall. Getting torches we peered inside to see it was an animal skull surrounded by candles. I thought it was some of the lads playing a practical joke but everyone seemed unnerved. There was loads if burned paper and ribbons on the floor. Dad not being one for anything like that, a level headed hard man, said squatters found a sheep carcass and were messing around. We all cracked on. One of the labourers a huge ex army hulk claimed he could hear children crying when he was in that room, I saw another man burst into tears and the room always felt cold.
    The job was completed and that area became a walk in wardrobe.

The barn then rented out,, it was not mentioned about the hidden room. he contacted Dad about some electrical problems. Lights going off in the walk in wardrobe. Electricians inspected it and found no fault. A few weeks later there was another call he wanted to end tenancy early as his fiancée was having nightmares of the occult and had taken to sleeping at her mums. She didn’t feel safe, also next doors children were noisy crying all night but he never saw them. Investigating further next door didn’t have, nor ever had staying any children.

Dad sold the barns.

twohats
    Free Member

Stayed at a mates farm house he was renting in France.
    Had a really bad dream one night that some guy in a white shirt and waistcoat was bent over me whilst I slept, awoke to see what I was dreaming about, then woke again to nothing and the lights on!
    Next day we explored the loft which was full of really old boxes. Amongst them was lots of photos, many of which had photos of the guy I’d seen in my dream, other boxes were full of human teeth! We left the next day…

samuri
    Free Member

Yeah, cody’s story gave me the shivers

johndoh
    Free Member

Lol at PJM!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Years back me and a few mates were walking back from a winter surf along the coast path and its raining and getting dark.. The really weird thing is we can hear bagpipes (i live in west wales not scotland). We come round a corner and standing there perched on a ledge looking out to sea is a man in full scottish uniform (kilt, tall hat thing, sporren etc).

Just so surreal to see someone playing the bagpipes, perched on a coastpath, in the rain and its getting dark?? Just a real WTF moment.
    The guy didnt look round or didnt even seem to see us and just carried on playing as if it were normal (maybe it was for him??)

organic355
    Free Member

My mum told me loads of stories of when she used to work in the hospital, some that gave me the shivers.

One where she was working as a midwife and had just delivered a baby and te family were standing round the mother. My mum came to check on the mother and smelled tobacco smoke from a pipe and queried the family if they had been smoking in the hospital, they calmly answered no we don’t smoke, that will be grandad. My mum asked where he was and was told he died 2 years ago.

Another where she was walking down a corridor with an enclosed locked courtyard with windows and discovered a man in the courtyard who she described as wearing overalls and rigger boots, he chapped on the window and asked if he could see his baby, my mum freaked an went to get security but when they returned the man was gone. She found out later that the father othe baby she had just delivered was killed on an oil rig accident weeks earlier.

johndoh
    Free Member

As a kid of about 6, I was laid in bed trying to sleep on my front. I felt fingers run up and down my spine and freaked out as no-one was in the room. I told my mum and her reasoning was that laying on my front would make my nerves tingle like someone running their fingers up and down like that. I have tried it many times since (I’m 45 now and still try) and have never been able to recreate the feeling and remain slightly convinced it was some kind of ‘experience’.

johndoh
    Free Member

crikey
    Free Member

Load of old bollocks, the lot of it.

If ghosts existed, I’d be wading thigh deep in the bloody things, having to push them out of the way to get into work, and shaking them out of my jeans to get dressed to go home.

haydenw
    Free Member

Stayed in this bothy once. It was supposed to be haunted by the ghost of some girl murdered there. It was a helluva creepy place in the pitch black. There was always this sense of “something” there that made your hairs stand up. I took this picture as we were leaving. The others didnt even want to look back at the place. I swear i could see something in the window. Even the picture creeps me out…

Squidlord
    Free Member

I saw Lush once, they were quite good.

Bregante

About this time 12 months ago, I was in an old pub in Manchester when i saw a ghostly apparition (looked a bit like hora) getting a round in 😯 I’ve told countless people since but unsurprisingly, nobody believes me!

zippykona

Not as creepy as the others but music woke me up in the night.
    Went downstairs and my tuner and amp are on as well as living room light. No way I would have gone to sleep and left them on.
    My friend lived there before I did and him and his girlfriend assumed it was each other leaving the pot plant on the stairs.

Neil-F
    Free Member

Tuesday 29th January 2008.
    I woke up at 330am to the phone ringing, I picked it up, said “hello?” and it was my mum, she just said “Right Neil”.
    This was something she’d say to me as a youngster when I was being naughty, “right Neil, thats enough”.
    I woke up, the above had been a dream, but as I was lying in bed I could hear the dog howling in the kitchen, just once.
    I didn’t get to sleep again, went to work that day knackered. My wife phoned me later to tell me the doctor had phoned, mum had a pretty bad chest infection.
    My mum died on the Thursday.

crikey
    Free Member

Still a load of old bollocks.

andygroves
    Free Member

Got a couple of spooky tales.
    All tales whilst living with the rents.
    For my sisters 18 th birthday she and her mates went in a white limo up to tall trees night club in Middlesbrough, on returning the same weekend, my sister found a white toy limo on her shelf in her bedroom no could explain where it had come from.

Dad off work ill whilst myself and sister were at school, my dad was in bed heard a bang so got up to see what the bang was, he checked all the rooms and landing between bedrooms etc, thought nothing of this bang so went back to bed, 5 mins passed another bang so he got up again, this time in front of the mirror on the landing all my sisters make up and brushes were in front of the mirror like someone had just got ready and left.

During my school years I did a part time job helping a local milk man, so was pretty tired often, on one day after school I fell asleep on the sofa, my mum had been sewing the night before and left sewing machine out on dining room table, so I was fast asleep and my mum cane home from work and the sewing machine was going, the peddle wasn’t passed against anything and the plug wasn’t plugged in… Go figure..

the family seem to think its someone looking over us as when nothing else happened after we both turned 18.

Squidlord
    Free Member

Sometimes, when I’m getting ready for bed late at night, I glance in the bathroom mirror to find my late father looking back at me.

Getting old sucks.

chewkw
    Free Member

I lived in a listed 200 -250 yr flat (old building but not mind) so the story goes like this …

1. My sister came for a visit and on one early morning at around 6pm she went to the kitchen to make some breakfast. Few days later while on the phone to my mother she told me that my sister saw 6 “figures/shadows” sitting around my kitchen dinning table. My sister did not freak out.

2. About two months ago while I was alone in my flat typing away on my computer I heard someone used my toilet by flashing the toilet, then opened the toilet door then slammed it close, then entering the room next to mine. I got up to check but nobody was around …

3. Sometimes while asleep in my room … I could smell someone smoking pipe or cigarettes …

4. Or someone suddenly called my name from afar or simply shouted at me … this already happened many times. Shouting usually very close to my ears. Sometimes when I was very sleepy I simply ignore them.

eerrmmm … Okay … I nearly overslept many times when the “voice” shouted at me. Perhaps to get me up to work. Okay … me bad.

I am not bothered about “them” hanging around so long as they look after the place (plenty of burglars around my area) and perhaps help me win some jackpots. Anyway, they can stay if they respect me. If not I shall ask them to leave.

Oh ya … someone in the building once asked me if someone was living in the 3rd floor (it’s an attic) as they talked very loudly … hmmm …

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Sometimes while asleep in my room … I could smell someone smoking pipe or cigarettes …

That is well spooky – I can’t smell anything when I’m asleep.

Haze

How come no-one ever sees Cavemen ghosts?

mrchrispy

Haven’t finished the thread yet but I have to pause to say ‘hat’ to PJM1974
    LOL

takisawa2

Our old caravan, that had an old lady in it. Not scary, just a feeling. Used to see orbs of light dancing around inside it in the dark. Whilst turning in one night, when our eldest was very young he was getting unsettled & we heard someone shushing him, & he went back off to sleep. Just before we sold it, I popped in one night to grab something, & I was sat on the seat feeling in the drawers for a book, only light was from the door. And sat next to me was an old lady. Not scary, a very calm feeling in fact, but I didn’t tell the wife till we had sold it. Often wonder who she was.

yodagoat
    Free Member

Keep them coming folks.

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

That is well spooky – I can’t smell anything when I’m asleep.

You will when it’s very obvious but that depends on how sensitive your sense of smell is.

Get this my pet Doberman died one summer long time ago while I was very far away, and one night I was woken up to smell of roses all over my room like someone spraying perfume all over (no rose outside my windows but grass only). I told my parents and was told that my father sprayed rose perfume on our pet before he buried her. The perfume spraying was to find out if our pet came back for a last visit. She did.

Squidlord
    Free Member

hmm…

EDIT: Aha!

chewkw
    Free Member

Squidlord – Member

hmm…

EDIT: Aha!

Yeap! That’s the one and until today I still miss her. Bloody vet murdered her … I just hope the vet doesn’t meet in my home town or else …

As for the suggested technique(s), try them if you do not believe me but try not to be spooked if it’s true. 😀

benjamins11
    Free Member

Loads of people die in hospitals. Literally every side room/cubicle will have probably had hundreds of people die in it. Every bed in a hospital some bodies died on, in intensive care in my hospital we probably have on average a death a day. Yet nobody ever reports seeing a ghost, or a feeling or anything. Weird eh. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 146 total)

The topic ‘Spooky/strange encounters.’ is closed to new replies.