Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Spongy X-Fusion Hilo
  • fathomer

Apologies for yet another “help me” thread but needs must!

I bought a 27.2mm Hilo second hand a while back and ever since I’ve had it, you can push it down 10-15mm at full extension, which pops back up once released (this was never outlined during discussions).

I’ve done a search around the web and there are two issues which can cause this, trapped air and low oil. I’ve done the fixes for both issues, neither of which have worked. I’ve also tried an oil change, using the instructions in this service guide, but that didn’t work either.

The problem has got no worse and feels like there is air trapped somewhere but I’ll be dammed if I can get it out using the methods I’ve found!

Any help is much appreciated, as apart from this it seems to work very well!

mintimperial

Mine was like that when I first got it, it needed pressurising properly to fix it.

It needs 25PSI from a shock pump in it, and you have to put that in with the lever held down, are you sure you did that?

fathomer

mintimperial – Member
    Mine was like that when I first got it, it needed pressurising properly to fix it.

It needs 25PSI in it, and you have to put that in with the lever held down, are you sure you did that?
    Thanks but unfortunately we did this (me and the Mrs, no idea how your supposed to pump and hold lever at the same time) and it’s made no difference.

The fact it gets no worse seems to suggest nothing is broken except my mechanical skills 😀

mintimperial

Hmm, dunno then, sorry. 🙁

fathomer

Does anyone else have any ideas? I’m stumped!

smg13
    Free Member

Cable tension adjustment if your using a remote lever could be holding the valve open slightly??? only a guess

fathomer

smg13 – Member

Cable tension adjustment if your using a remote lever could be holding the valve open slightly??? only a guess Not that either? Going to email upgrade see what they say, though not sure they’ll offer much help!

mrjmt
    Free Member

To be honest, I feel like my hi-lo was the worst £180 or whatever it was i’ve ever spent. Its dogger. Nearly £200 on something that doesn’t f’king work is pish.
    Mine has the common slow last inch problem, no matter what I do I can’t sort it and it makes it pretty pointless to have on the bike.
    Its sh*t.

fathomer

Have you tried sending it back? Mine returns fine, I just have his problem that’s driving me crackers!

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Poss needs a touch more oil? Somebody posted a link to a service guide the other day which had details of what to do.

Edit – ignore me, only the first part of your thread showed up first time!

doubledunter
    Free Member

Not much help but my hilo’s both work sweet as a nut :-)…had the “extending” problem on one at first, let air out and put 25psi back in , not a problem since…..

fathomer

doubledunter – Member

Not much help but my hilo’s both work sweet as a nut :-)…had the “extending” problem on one at first, let air out and put 25psi back in , not a problem since….. Thanks for rubbing it in! 😀

acidchunks

noticed mine had a bit of give earlier, leaving the lever open a bit longer seemed to help. will try doubledunter’s fix after dinner 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Spongy X-Fusion Hilo’ is closed to new replies.