Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Spokes that 2mm too long or 2mm too short?
  • CrumpledCartlidge
    Free Member

Building a wheel that needs 18 266mm spokes and 18 268mm spokes but cant find anywhere that sells individuals in those lengths for a decent price.

Best option as i see it is buy 36 of the same length of CRC for £10 but do i get 266mm or 268mm ones?

I think im siding with the longer for max spoke-nipple contact and there is enough clearance above the nipple for the extra 2mm. Right idea?

Cheers,
    Nathan

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

other way round. if they're too long then they could bind and that's more of a pain in the nips.
    It's an odd size.. What you building?

steveh

With CRC you can specify you want 2 lengths or you could last time I ordered from them which was only a couple of weeks ago. Just add the details as a note to the order.

carrotcake
    Free Member

I had the same issue when building a pair of wheels for my CX bikes with some deep section rims.
    I found that the only place that was happy to help me out after trailing around 3-4 local shops were 'Pedal-on' cycles online. Three days after contacting them and them calling me back to confirm they could sort me out the 16 DT swiss rev spokes I needed arrived on my door step.. Drop them a line

CrumpledCartlidge
    Free Member

Cheers y'all

Remember buying off CRC years ago and they gave me too lengths just got the impression they dont do that anymore from the wording of the page.

Will try to get the lengths i need but ask for shorter if that cant be done.

Its for a specialized front disc hub with different sized flanges on a DTswiss rim. Im just replacing the spokes so have just measured the old ones.

Ta

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Spokes that 2mm too long or 2mm too short?’ is closed to new replies.