Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Spokes- best place to buy
  • hopefiendboy

HI All

just a quick one for those who have bought spokes recently- where is the current go to place for decent double butted spokes?

TIA

Paul

teethgrinder

what size?

rOcKeTdOg
    wheelsonfire1

Your local bike shop? Where I worked had a whole wall of boxes with every length and type available. Maybe slightly more expensive than online but if you break a spoke whilst out and about handy to call in!

dovebiker

For bog-standard wheels, ACI double-butted from Cyclebasket. You can pay 2x the price for DT or Sapim and I doubt you’d be able to tell the difference.

teethgrinder

Crc have some bargain DT DB black spokes (no nips).

hopefiendboy

Cheers for the replies. I’ve used Cyclebasket before, will check and see what there is available in the sizes I need….

butcher

I had good service with Spokes from Ryan. Would definitely recommend based on my experience.

I went there having previously received the same spoke from Spa Cycles, cut in a way that rendered them unusable. That was 9 months ago and Spa Cycles are yet to refund me.

hopefiendboy

Cyclebasket it is, 80 db stainless spokes and nipples for 26.50 posted. Bargain as always.

hopefiendboy

@butcher that is pretty shockingly poor

endomick
    Free Member

I ordered some more of those DT comps at CRC they’re a bargain at £4 for 18, being without nipples isn’t an issue for me, I’ve always use sapim polyax nips and have a healthy supply. Plus you can always buy them cheap enough on ebay.

akira

Often planet X have random ones cheap.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Spokes- best place to buy’ is closed to new replies.