Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Spoke Length Calculation Check
  • Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

I was planning on getting a shop to build some wheels, strangely no shops in the area have any double butted spokes in stock, so its back to crc I go, especially as they just sent me a money off voucher.

So spoke length, I’ve tried wheelpro, the spokecalc spreadsheet, and dt swiss, the first two were pretty much the same, dt swiss lengths were way different for no understandable reason.

Would anyone who has done it before have 5 minutes to calculate my spoke lengths to double check before I buy.

Rims are Open Pros. Front Hub is White Industires H2. Rear Hub is White Industries H3 11Sp Campag. DT Swiss spokes with 14mm nipples. 32 hole laced 3X front and rear (unless anyone wants to suggest different lacing).

Oh, and on crc all the spokes say “for 26″ MTB”, surely if the length is correct they will be the right ones?

Thanks,

Onzadog
    Free Member

Crc didn’t do spokes long enough for the last set of 700c wheels I built onto hope hubs.

tinribz
    Free Member

Recommend rosebikes for spokes.

Also used the DT calc, but when I went back to double check a couple of days later they came out way different.

Tried a few random googled ones and they generally agreed with one of the DT outputs, but not the other. Seems to have it’s off-days.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

According to wheelpro i need 296’s for the front, 294’s for the rear left, and 290’s for the rear right.

CRC has DT Swiss Stainless Competition DB

• 290 Black or Silver for 26″ MTB
    • 292 Black or Silver for 26″ MTB
    • 294 Black or Silver for 26″ MTB
    • 296 Black or Silver for 26″ MTB

though my length calculations may be wrong…

Onzadog
    Free Member

I can’t confirm without measuring up the stuff you’re using but they do seem like they’re in the right ballpark.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Spoke Length Calculation Check’ is closed to new replies.