Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Spoke length advice (burgtec and Stans crest)
  • andi_pv
    Free Member

I’ve been searching round the net for the last couple of hours but haven’t been able to find any calculators that include Burgtec hubs. Have any of you tried this combination? If so what length spokes will I need?

I’ve found some calculators but don’t have the details for the rim to do the calculation. Any help will be much appreciated!

james
    Free Member

Does the calculator with the burgtec hub let you read the dimensions of the burgetc hub or let you insert dimensions for the crest?
    Similarly any with crests, can you read the crest info? or insert the info for the burgtecs?
    Else try to find the info on their websites?

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

You Prob best get the Hub and rim in you hands first, measure them up and then input your mesurments in a few spoke calculators and see what you get.
    Even then you might not get the right spoke length, you don’t know for sure untill the wheel is built.

andi_pv
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice guys. I ended up asking the experts at ChainReaction as they sell the rims, hubs and, of course spokes.

They’ve advised the following:

For this combination of hubs and rims we would use 260-258mm spokes (longer
    non-drive side). This is for standard 3x lacing and the included 14mm
    nipples.

I’ll post again when I’ve built the wheel to let you know if it all went to plan. The combination with some nice DB spokes should be really nice.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Spoke length advice (burgtec and Stans crest)’ is closed to new replies.