Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Spinning for training?
  • adamhood
    Free Member

Does anyone else on here do a bit of spinning?
    Am looking to get a spin bike so I can do some training indoors without the hassle of getting ready for a muddy adventure, and cleaning down afterwards.

Do you find it works?
    And what bike do you have?

mactheknife

Good videos are a must. Sufferfest will get u sweating 🙂

vim_fuego
    Free Member

I use a spinning bike, didn’t fancy the faff of swapping a wheel out and setting up turbo trainer. Get a Sufferfest on and away you go, I have heart rate and cadence rigged up also, I think it is doing me good.
    Got a good deal on a customer returned Horizon spin bike.

gee
    Free Member

Spinning is great if you don’t have a turbo. Otherwise use sufferfest. Anything that makes you feel absolutely caned can only be a good thing.

GB

gra

I don’t have a home spinning bike but do go to some classes as it’s included in my gym membership and I can definitely feel the difference when out on the bike, compared to when I wasn’t doing it.

adamhood
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice 😀 Looks like I’m gonna be ordering one tomorrow!
    Do you really need the mat they try to push sale on you at checkout?
    I Will be putting it onto carpeted floor.

adamhood
    Free Member

Which of the downloads would you recommend? Or be best to buy them all and work through them?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I use a towel underneath and on the frame to protect the bike and floor.

Sweat isn’t nice to get on anything. If you need a special matt or cloth is debatable.

adamhood
    Free Member

Towel is a great idea, I can get loads of them for the £40 they want to charge for a mat!

Alex

I go to a class (just back, slumped over keyboard). Need the motivation of other people/fixed time to make me do it. It’s good tho – and I’d agree you feel it on the bike esp if you beast yourself.

mogrim

Which of the downloads would you recommend? Or be best to buy them all and work through them?

If we’re talking about Sufferfest, I’d go for one of the more interval based ones to start with, they’re more “fun” – or at least the time passes quicker 🙂 Revolver or Downward Spiral are the two interval based ones I’ve got. (I’ve also got Angels and The Hunted, they’re more orientated towards climbing).

Oh, and get some kind of impermeable mat. It’ll save your carpet. If you do it right you’ll sweat loads…

adamhood
    Free Member

So I spoke to the boss today who was going to buy it through the company and save me the tax about £90,
    As I’m going to use it for training for a charity ride and would get some publicity for the shop he offered to sponsor the full amount! Get in! The first bit of good luck I’ve had in ages 😆

timidwheeler

That’s a bonus!
    What sort of charity ride? If it’s distance based go for a longer sufferfest ie. Blender or ISLAGIATT

adamhood
    Free Member

timidwheeler – Member

That’s a bonus!
    What sort of charity ride? If it’s distance based go for a longer sufferfest ie. Blender or ISLAGIATT

going to do wales coast to coast check it out on facebook check it out[
    or on twitter @walesc2c

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Spinning for training?’ is closed to new replies.