Search the forum using the power of Google

• This topic has 48 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by toons.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Spesh Levo Turbo range?
  • M1llh0use
    Free Member

changed to eco 20% with 75% battery current and managed 22 miles, 2000ft and finished with 60% battery left!

even pushed a mate up two climbs to demonstrate effectiveness of electrickery!

dazzlingdarren
    Free Member

Hi, First post for me. I found it difficult to get much info about settings, very little detail supplied with the bike but found this whivh may be helpfull……
    Maximum Motor Current
    If you want more range you should reduce the
    maximum motor current. A lower maximum motor
    current has more positive effect on range than
    for example switching from Trail (50 %) to Eco
    (20 %). We recommend using max motor current
    settings between 30 and 70 %. A lower max motor
    current only caps peak performance and not the
    motor output in general.

I would like to know how this actually works. Is the total power (Watts) cut. If I’m pushing hard on turbo would a reduction in max output would this actually make this like running trail mode? I would like Spec to have provided some technical info like power output graphs etc….after all I did pay a fair old wack for this bike. Any views or knowledge on this out there?

johnnystorm

Know anyone with a Smart Turbo trainer? You could do some ftp tests to get a power curve?

johnnystorm
    dazzlingdarren
    Free Member

Hi Johny, yep thats were I pasted the max motor bit from. But it’s not clear how the max motor setting actually works. I did Cwmcarn today, 10miles with about 2000ft…had 54% left. I’m 15st so over 100kilos dressed up. Did mostly eco 15%,and a bit of trail 25%, for the tough grunty bits but didnt touch the turbo at 50%. Motor set at 60% but didn’t really notice it retarding much. Was a group ride with younger guys (not on (E’s) so didn’t push it and had a good cardio. Best thing was only minor knee pain and then twas 1 hour after ride. Great to be up in the hills again.

johnnystorm

Fat lot of help I am. 😉

Intrigued by these….

dazzlingdarren
    Free Member

Grest Idea about the turbo trainer….I dont have access to one but perhaps somebody on the forum could do this. I would suspect that it trims the output do 100% motor = max assist as 250watts. 50% would then be 125w. Therefore on 100% assist if you put in 125w you get 250w in total but if you put in 200 then the assist would still be 125w and therefore 375 totsl man and machine.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

What turbo trainer for a 27.5+ bolt thru axle?

🙂

toons
    Free Member

Cheers johnny I hadn’t seen that before.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Spesh Levo Turbo range?’ is closed to new replies.

Search the forum using the power of Google

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.