Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Spesh Enduro
  • mikey74
    Free Member

How good are the new shape ones at dowhilling, compared to a 2009 SX Trail? I’m thinking of replacing my SX Trail for something that is a bit better at all-day riding: However, it still will be used for DH, including a planned trip to Whistler bike park.

greeble
    Free Member

Its not the bike its the rider

grum
    Free Member

What about an Enduro Evo, or is that no lighter than the SX?

mikey74
    Free Member

Its not the bike its the rider

Blah blah blah head up own arse blah blah blah

What about an Enduro Evo, or is that no lighter than the SX?

I did think of that, but I don’t think they are significantly different to my SX Trail, so I don’t think the swap would be worthwhile.

julians
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of friends that ride the enduro everywhere, from lift assisted to 30 miles cross country, they dont seem to struggle.

Cant comment on how they compare to an sx trail though.

Tracey

Kevin did the swap, he says the Enduro is about the same on the downhills but much better at every thing else

From this

To this

uselesshippy
    Free Member

A few of my mates have enduros. Very fast on the downs, and still an all day bike.
    If you want lighter, try a stumpy evo.
    Don’t hate me, but if you can, get a demo on a 29er stumpy. A couple of my mates are flying on them.

mikey74
    Free Member

A few of my mates have enduros. Very fast on the downs, and still an all day bike.
    If you want lighter, try a stumpy evo.
    Don’t hate me, but if you can, get a demo on a 29er stumpy. A couple of my mates are flying on them.

I won’t hate you, I just don’t want a 29er :mrgreen:

I_Ache
    Free Member

This should give you some idea of how capable the current Enduro is. I would love a new one to replace my broken 06 but alas they are too expensive for me.

http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/features/A-Day-on-Specialized-S-Works-Enduros,5948/sspomer,2

Tracey

I wanted the green carbon one but had to make do with the black, wish I could ride like that.

mikey74
    Free Member

I wanted the green carbon one but had to make do with the black, wish I could ride like that.

And how is it?

grum
    Free Member

Wonder if the Enduro would take big jumps like that (in the video) on a regular basis.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I imagine so if you can actually land jumps like that properly and not like an average MTBer. And if you buy new Specialized will give you a lifetime warranty.

Tracey

Lot lighter than Kevins and its awsome, up hill and dowhill, at home and in the Alps

Cutgate

Wharncliffe

Les Arc

Verbier

Tracey

Bike Scene have got some 2013 S Works frames due but they arnt cheap

geetee1972
    Free Member

Blah blah blah head up own arse blah blah blah

+ 1 million!

mikey74
    Free Member

They do look like great bikes. However, I am little torn over how much I would actually use it’s improved xc cababilities, as I mainly do DH these days. In which case I may as well try and make my SX Trail a little more trail friendly.

I have some Conti Rubber Queens I could stick on, which are pretty light, and I fancy a dropper seatpost of some description too.

The forks on mine are coil DH Lyriks (170) but to replace them with something light enough to make a significant difference I’d have to go silly money for some BOS forks.

I have ridden my SX Trail around the Surrey Hills, in it’s current guise, and it pedals very well. It is only really the weight that holds it back.

mrplow
    Free Member

The only difference i really felt between an 06 coiled enduro and a 2012 enduro is the length of the stays. The old one is more stable at mental speeds and climbs better. The new one manuals much easier, does tight stuff better and feels more lively. I love both, currently using the 06 as my winter bike and it is positively dangerous in a good way :mrgreen:

mrplow
    Free Member

Oh sorry, new one pedals much better on a pushed rp23 but is still ace opened up dh.

ashfanman
    Free Member

This should give you some idea of how capable the current Enduro is

In fairness, Brendog and Curtis Keene would manage to make pretty much any bike look impressive, but that new S-Works Enduro does look very, very nice. If money was no object and I could only have one bike, that would be a serious contender. (Or maybe a Tallboy LTC.)

julians
    Free Member

The only difference i really felt between an 06 coiled enduro and a 2012 enduro is the length of the stays.

I’d agree with that, i swapped round my 06 with a freinds new one, the new one felt much easier to lift the front.

The old one is still awesome, so far ahead of its time, still rides well today. Its my backup bike for when my mojo HD is broken

jdizzle
    Free Member

I’m about to sell a 2011 enduro frame set if you fancy it. It is a size large, in good condition and has an upgraded rear shock to 2012 spec.

By the sounds of it, am enduro is the one for you (very different to the sx – I’ve had one of them before too)

JD

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks, but a large will be a bit big. I’m 178cm and nearly always take a medium.

jdizzle
    Free Member

Hmm, fair enough. Saying that, They don’t come up that big but you’d need to try one anyway.

Either way, amazing bike – highly recommended and truly capable of massive climbs or proper alpine descents.
    JD

mikey74
    Free Member

Hmmmm. I’ll look into it a bit more. A test ride would be handy, but I don’t know of anywhere here in the SE that does has demo versions.

stevede
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2011 expert, it’s a great bike, i ride all sorts on mine but i’ve currently got it built up as more of a playbike than an all rounder. With a push tuned rp23, 36 floats, reverb and my lighter wheelset it’s great as a tough all day type bike.Have raced a couple of gravity enduro style events on it and it was great. My current set up is more biased towards what i’m currently doing on it, got the evo kit to run a fox coil on the back and just fitted some 170mm Lyrik rc2 dh’s – ride dh and some local jumpy stuff, raced it dh at tavistock a few times now and am more than happy with it, regular hit big(ish) jumps/gaps, drops etc on it, no probs so far.
    Oh and if your normally on a medium then you’ll be fine on a medium enduro, i had an old sx trail(06 model) and much prefer my enduro for pretty much everything, the sx was good compared to what was available at the time when it came out.
    Weight wise if your bothered, in trail bike mode it weighs in at 31 1/2lbs and dh mode 33 1/2 (dropper post replaced with a thomson for dh).

mikey74
    Free Member

Interesting stuff there Steve. I didn’t know you could get an Evo kit to run a coil on the Enduro.

stevede
    Free Member

The evo kit ain’t cheap, i got my lbs to call spesh uk and enquire about getting one, they did it for rrp of £420 for the evo clevis links (can’t use the standard ones) and a fox dhx rc2, my lbs did it me for £380. Vikingboy off here and pinkbike successfully ran a ccdb on his with some help from tf with some custom machining iirc but i’m pretty happy with the fox shock.

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Mikey i’m the same height and run a medium 2011 enduro , great bike and have seen a few peeps using them as mini dh bikes.

ianv
    Free Member

I have no idea of weight/or riding comparisons with the sx trail but, I use my enduro evo as my do it all bike. Its not fast up hill but you will get up.
    Last year I used it for riding big days of 1500+m of climbing in the alps, the full 96km PdS and for general XC so its capable of that sort of thing. In fact it was much nicer to ride XC on than the scott spark I traded in for it. Yet, its a really fun bike for bike parks and can take a fair amount of abuse if needed. Its not as stable as a proper downhill bike but its pretty good.

mikey74
    Free Member

I am just tempted to lighten my SX Trail a wee bit and give it some spins around the Surrey Hills and see how I go. However, the temptation of a new bike is strong with this one :mrgreen:

Euro
    Free Member

I was seriously considering changing my minidh bike for and enduro as it looked to offer similar dh abilities with a lot more help when climbing. A fella with the evo version (and a much better climber than me) reckons it’s bloody hard work. Great going down, but not as well rounded as he’d hoped. He put that partly down to the extra weight of the build. The standard version might be a better compromise of a compromise if you want more than a nod to climbing.

mikey74
    Free Member

Yeah, I kinda suspected the Evo version wouldn’t be an improvement over my SX Trail in the climbing department.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Ohh a large Enduro for sale jdizzle?

*dreams*

rhysw
    Free Member

Jdizzle

Can you give me first dibs when you put your Enduro frame up for sale. As long as its tidy my mate will have it off you. He’s been looking for one for a while

renton
    Free Member

How much for the enduro frame Jdizzle?

5AM
    Free Member

I could also be interested in the enduro frame Jdizzle, could you email some pics and a price to samfinch1 AT yahoo.co.uk

jdizzle
    Free Member

Hi guys,

Not sure on the price to be honest – I was going to stick it on eBay and let the people decide what it is worth!

They seem to go for about the £700 – £800 mark, and mine is in great condition and has the upgraded rear shock to the RP23 boost valve model.

I’ll take some pictures on Sunday evening and get them out – anyone interested give me your email address and I’ll ping some images to your inboxes!

JCL
    Free Member

From what you’ve said you really want the new Enduro Evo. It’ll definitely out climb an SXT.

I would’t want to do a week in Whistler BP on an airshocked Enduro. It’d be alright but hardwork.

rhysw
    Free Member

Jdizzle

Can you send some pics to this address

willhayden85@aol.com

Cheers

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Spesh Enduro’ is closed to new replies.