Search the forum using the power of Google

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • spesh ebike dealer update – Central Scotland
  • iainc

Those of us with Spesh ebikes will have received a mail about a new firmware release that needs a trip to dealer to connect up and install. All good.

I am west of Glasgow and have 2020 Levo Sl and Creo Sl’s supplied and looked after until last year by the good folk at Dales. Dales are no longer Spesh dealers, so for the last update, which I recall was less than a year ago, I put them both to Alpine in Glasgow – both came back having seen a bit of rough treatment incl to the rear mechs, with them both being out of alignment, presumably stacked up in a pile somewhere…

Maybe I was just unlucky, but looking for a recommended good Spesh dealer who will show the bikes the appropriate level of care, and the list that comes up, going from nearest to further away is : Evans Glasgow Fort, Evans Braehead, PedalPower Linlithgow, Edinburgh Bike Co-op.

Alpine and Evans are the easiest/nearest, though as above not convinced about the former based on last experience, and I have never used either of those Evans stores for anything other than clothing and shoes. Quite happy to make a day of it and go east to PP or EBC if recommended.

sillyoldman

Pedal Power are a good bunch.

iainc

thanks, I was hoping you might say that.

iainc

^^^ booked them into Pedal Power for this Saturday, cheers

doomanic

Is it a free update?

iainc

I think they are only free while bike is in warranty, mine are a bit over 2 years old (summer 2020). Last ones i had to pay for, was about £18 per bike I think

Tracey

Our local go to for updates is James Cycles in Rotherham. Used them for stuff for as long as I can remember.

Got the same email last night and on clicking the find dealer link its come up with Sports Direct as my local.

Will probably ring James when I get round to it

rickmeister

Sort of connected but not exactly, my email arrived yesterday.

Checking with teh app, the details can be seen and teh battery is at 100% health…but after the apple iPhone battery shinannigins, Garmin bricking a satnav, etc etc I’m always a little wary of what might happen afterwards tbh.

Tracey

We are always wary. Will probably give it a few months before we have it done so that any initial teething problems are sorted.

singlespeedstu

What is the update?
    Got two Spech eebers here and not had any emails.

Mind you I never connect them to the app anyway so maybe that’s got something to do with it?

Tracey

From the email, I think we only get the messages as we have the bikes registered with Specialized and also have the latest mission control app

New features and system improvements for your Turbo await in the latest Turbo System firmware release. This update includes battery enhancements to improve health and longevity, giving you the most accurate and reliable charge indication and performance. Battery updates need to be applied by an authorized Specialized retailer. Please contact your retailer to schedule an appointment.

doomanic

I think it’s an SL battery firmware update so isn’t applicable to your Kens.

rickmeister

Ours is motor and battery updates, dealer only, for Turbo Levo’s. We use the app (its worth it and some updates can be done there) and bikes are registered with Spesh, hence the mail.

singlespeedstu

Thanks all.
    Think I’ll leave them as they are.
    Just spoken to a mate that’s a Spech dealer and he said there’s nothing worth bothering with on the updates.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search the forum using the power of Google

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.