• This topic has 51 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by 360.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Speedo briefs – acceptable in modern life?
  • ourmaninthenorth

It’s a very British thing to get so uptight about this sort of thing.

As you can see when you go on holiday to Europe, none of them give a shit..!

funkmasterp

FWIW I sent a pic of myself and my son in cycling gear at Cap Formentor to my agent in South Africa, as it was she who gave me the Qhubeka jersey I was wearing. “You look hot!” she commented. “Yes” I replied, “It was 32c and we were sweltering!”. “No, I mean HOT BODY!” she replied.

Pictures of you in your Speedos need to be posted on Mumsnet and a link provided for our amusement

bearnecessities

Mine,drying 😀

Also they don’t get bleached from daily use and you can legitimately whistle Club Tropicana as you swagger into the arena.

Best be happy with your lot though because although you may walk in with a marginal outline, after half an hour of swimming, they are essentially shrink wrapped around every inch of you.

poolman
    Free Member

At the pool the old boys in speedos, non cycling short style, look like 1970s wrestlers. I d avoid personally. New decent trunk style ones are expensive though, even in the sale are 30 quid.

globalti
    Free Member

Blimey that’s a lot for a garment I only wear on a few days a year.

Houns

BillMC

I am bemused by this social conservatism. Grow some!

Drac

[video]https://youtu.be/7kOKDdocGyc[/video]

Free Member

Never did get the french obsession with the bloody things. First occurrence was when I went to the pool wearing regular lycra swimshorts and dived in with the shout of “PAS DE BERMUDE!” ringing my ears. I ignored it and swam a length to find an apoplectic lifeguard waiting for me at the other end just shouting it over and over till I got out. Now I can see an issue with cut off jeans, but what’s the deal with wanting to see my, admittedly damn attractive, inner thighs?

ctk
    Free Member

For swimming lengths in a pool? Carry on.

For beach/ taking kids to pool then no.

Free Member

Never did get the french obsession with the bloody things. First occurrence was when I went to the pool wearing regular lycra swimshorts and dived in with the shout of “PAS DE BERMUDE!” ringing my ears. I ignored it and swam a length to find an apoplectic lifeguard waiting for me at the other end just shouting it over and over till I got out. Now I can see an issue with cut off jeans, but what’s the deal with wanting to see my, admittedly damn attractive, inner thighs?

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Speedo briefs – acceptable in modern life?’ is closed to new replies.