Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • speed fine advice pls
  • ThePerfectKiss

righto – need some advice

have recieved NIP (notice of intended Prosectution)

offence was 40mph exceeding 30mph, manned & allegation supported by photographic evidence etc

Wife was driver, car regstered in my name
    Obviously I can’t take the rap for her, i.e. photogrpahic evidence

Wifes DL has old address (4 Yrs past) and maiden name (18 months past)

Is she liable for further fines due to above, if so what are we looking at ?

wwaswas

they bang you up for that sort of thing now.

hora
    Free Member

Post it on here:
    http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/forum.asp?h=0&f=10&mid=0

If the mistakes are seen as an attempt to ‘evade’ anything then I guess there would be more trouble

ziggy
    Free Member

A good solicitor will help you out with that, might cost you a few hundred quid.

However your wife may be caled up about her licence, possible up to £1000 fine and void insurance if she has an accident.

sofatester
    Free Member

There is a lesson to be learned here…

40mph in a 30 zone? 😯

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i bet it was one of those ‘revenue’ based speed cameras as well.

DAMN the police for wanting to actually punish people for breaking the law.

it’s all about lining their pockets i tell thee.

[PUTS DOWN DAILY MAIL]

similar situation – DL was in old address. you have enough time to change the address before returning the form

ThePerfectKiss

Good tip Hora, thread posted am watching…

fyi Site is nationally notorious dual carriage way stretch, v high catch rate + poor signage

Wife has no beef with the offence etc, just need to figure out DL implications etc

midlifecrashes

Slight drift but I’m in similar spot. Got flashed around new years time, car in mrs midlife’s name, me driving. Got the NIP in two days flat, filled in the driver details as me and sent it back same day, have heard nothing since. Must be six weeks now. Anyone know if there’s a time limit before I can relax, I know there’s a limit they have to meet to send out the NIP, but what about after?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

midlife – i had the same with a traffic light camera.

after moving house i got a bit scared that it would reflect badly on the wifes driving licence. called the issuing police authority and they said if you’ve heard nothing then just leave it! they are only likely to follow up if you have or do in the future avoid other offences

mike_check
    Free Member

I worked in the magistrates dealing with fixed penalty tickets for a while, won’t be a problem, the most that will happen is they will make a few phonecalls to confirm you are the same person (due to name change) and when you get the lisence returned, the accompanying letter will mention that you need to inform the DVLA of the change of address and name. It’s also free to have a name/address change compared to having to pay for a new lisence if one of the parts is missing.

Also, a note explaining the situation would be good, as it helps them notice before they start processing the lisence.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘speed fine advice pls’ is closed to new replies.