Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Speed Awareness Course – Rotherham
  • sturmeyarcher

Disclaimer – I was caught fair and square, this is not a plea for advice or mercy.

Has anyone done a speed awareness course from TTC in Rotherham (at the footy ground), specifically the morning session. Did it finish on time or (hopefully) a bit earlier than the scheduled 13:00?

Thank you.

Onzadog
    Free Member

If it runs late, just put your foot down and make it back on the drive home.

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

sturmeyarcher

🙂

I wish it were that simple. I need to get to an (unrelated) funeral, by train.

dknwhy

I’ve just done one in the south east. Not the same company obviously but from my experience, you’ll be very lucky if it finishes early. You get those people who can’t help but chat too which means that ours ran over slightly.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Won’t finish early in my experience, the overriding point being finishing early would give the impression that the course and it’s content wasn’t important, they’ll expect you to serve your time. You’ll also get one or two clever dicks who’ll argue the toss about everything with the tutor, dragging it out. They’ll have a few coffee breaks thru the period of the course, so the tutor can time it all perfectly to end not before time.
    No harm in making the tutor aware of your situation tho to hopefully finish on time, but they won’t let just you go early either.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Ring them up and see if they can move it?

If that doesn’t work, ring the speed awareness people, and see what they say.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Are they running two sessions that day? If so, the first one will have to finish before the second one starts.

rickmeister

Genuine reason, make the tutor aware, be a good pupil on the day, give teacher an apple or something and you may be able to make the train…

Leave the pedants to argue the toss after your gone.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I’ve been on two now and they’ve both finished bang on time.
    They say that it’s important you “take part” but they let someone leave ten minutes early at one of mine.
    Not much more was on offer though
    Cheers
    Steve

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Leave the pedants to argue the toss after your gone.

Oh god, don’t they tho? It doesn’t take long to identify the shit who is going to argue the toss over everything. 95% will just take the hit and sit down, shut up and engage where needed. But there is always one ****ing hero decides they must be heard.

aracer
    Free Member

Suggest to the tutor that it won’t do any harm to go a bit faster…

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Suggest to the tutor that it won’t do any harm to go a bit faster…

Good idea. Now we’re making progress.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Speed Awareness Course – Rotherham’ is closed to new replies.