Speech to text software for windows

Home Forum Chat Forum Speech to text software for windows

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Speech to text software for windows
  • Premier Icon easygirl
    Subscriber

A girl at work who is dyslexic has started using software called dragon pro, seems to be good at recognising words, and it learns as you go along.
    Not sure how much it was, but impressive

z1ppy

I believe you gets what you pay for on this front. G/f uses dragon due to mild dyslexia (and to test it for her work) & has really taken to it, though it takes time to setup/”learn you”. As per below, you do need to review its work, I don’t believe you can just use it and “thats that”

Premier Icon ampthill
    Subscriber

I use dragon dictate. Yes it has got better. But its still not easy. Its really hard to say what you want to write accurately. So although its great I’m not sure how good it would be in the situation you describe

I think some versions will transcribe and record. if another person reviews the dictation, whilst listening to what he says that might work

I love reading the auto-subtitles on the BBC programs. For the Telegraph:

Deaf people have expressed their shock at being told a town was expecting a visit from the “Arch b**** of Canterbury” during one local BBC news broadcast.

In another embarrassing faux pas, a reporter visiting a farm spoke of how the pigs “love to nibble anything that comes into the shed, like our wellies.”

Unfortunately the subtitles alongside the report changed the last word to to a rather childish homophone. After one viewer captured it on screen the error became an internet sensation.

During the Queen Mother’s funeral, the solemn words “We’ll now have a moment’s silence for the Queen Mother” became “We’ll now have a moment’s violence for the Queen Mother” in one BBC broadcast.

The blunders have become so regular that a dedicated website has been set up by bemused viewers.

One found in another broadcast a BBC announcer said “government making holes for surgeons” instead of “making helpful decisions.”

While the Labour leader was referred to as “Ed Miller Band” in a news broadcast earlier this year.

And in one Daily Politics show, one politician announced to the presenter, Andrew Neil, that he did not believe in “soliciting” himself, when he had actually said “shortlisting”.

My father-in-law want to write his memoirs, but his typing is very slow and is putting him off

Has anyone got any direct experience with modern software for domestic use. He tried something about 10 years ago, but said it was rubbish and it put him off trying anymore so a recommendation from a real world user would be good

Happy to pay, but as its for domestic use I would prefer ‘budget’ prices

Alternatively I will buy him a dictaphone and look for local secretarial help

TIA

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Speech to text software for windows’ is closed to new replies.