Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Spectating at Moelfre – British Downhill series at the weekend – advice needed
  • Bogg
    Free Member

Want to take my son to see the downhill racing at Moelfre this weekend coming – does anyone know is the camping free for spectators- or if we go just for a day would the Saturday or the Sunday be the most entertaining from a spectating point of view – and any other tips would be great!!

RealMan
    Free Member

There’s a pretty big kicker near the top that you could watch some stuff from, but (I was racing there just a few weeks ago) I stood right near the bottom, right after a massive load of braking bumps, the track either goes the 4x route or down a steep drop sort of thing. If its wet and the route goes down the steep bit, watch there. There were tons of crashes, was brilliant.

kimbers

i think it will be free but camping is a in a field full of sheep crap, its not exactly centre parks

its pretty exposed so id take a decent jacket and some hiking boots if its gonna be wet
    but yeah head up the hill for some good sections

simonm
    Free Member

and if the camping is in the same field I camped in, then get prepared to have a mare getting a van out after it rains !

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Spectating at Moelfre – British Downhill series at the weekend – advice needed’ is closed to new replies.