Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • specific question… Strive owners/Shapeshifter/Reverb remote….
  • alpin
    Free Member

before spunking 60€ on a new lever for the Shapeshifter, i want to know if a Wolftooth or BikeYoke lever will clear a underslung Reverb lever.

my Reverb is on the right, below the bar tight up next to the grip. the Shapeshifter is to the left of the brake clamp. i have to awkwardly move my hand across to reach the Shapeshifter. was thinking an under-the-bar trigger style elver would be good, but m worried it will clash with the Reverb.

jimoiseau
    Free Member

Is the shapeshifter actuation just a cable? I’m on Jekyll with a similar thing to the shapeshifter and I use a left hand gripshift to actuate it, with the southpaw KS remote below it.

That said, if your reverb remote is on the right, why not use a left-hand dropper remote for the shapeshifter?

iain1775
    Free Member

not quite what you are asking but page 454 of this thread shows the new reverb lever with shapeshifter, that could be an option as if your reverb is currently under bar on RHS then to switch it to under the bar on LHS (which I’m assuming you want to do if your looking at a paddle type lever as presumably your gear shifter is already on RHS) you would need a new reverb remote anyway

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=149137&pagenum=454

Personally I have both reverb original style button remote underslung on the LHS, on a matchmaker clamp with brake lever with Shapeshifter alongside, works fine, 1×11 so only my gear shifter on RHS

alpin
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies….

But… Arrrgh crap… Sorry, the left hand side. I meant the left hand side.

Really at 34 I should have worked out my left and right by now…. When guiding I even ended up with stickers “left” & “right” on my bars. That really filled the guests with confidence. 😆

Re. That pinkbike page. That is kinda what I want, but am happy with the Reverb lever. It is the Shapeshifter I want to change….

My Reverb is mounted under the bar, to the right LEFT of the brake clamp. Can’t quite remember why I couldn’t get the Reverb onto the brake clamp using Match-Maker (bike a few hundred miles away right now). Want to know if either the Wolftooth or BikeYoke levers provide enough clearance of the Reverb lever.

Also 1x so no shifter to worry about.

iain1775
    Free Member

There is other posts on they PB thread (finding them is the only issue with 470 odd pages) that show various options
    Cheaper than a new SS lever may be a Wolftooth ReMote to mount the existing SS lever on, I know this works as saw the pics on that thread a few months ago
    I’d post pics of my set up but it’s a pita to post pics now photobucket doesn’t host

jimoiseau
    Free Member

Is the Reverb lever the new paddle one or the older push-button one? If it’s the older type, I’m sure a southpaw would clear it as it clears my gripshift which sticks about as far out from the bar. Not sure about the wolftooth or bikeyoke ones specifically but they seem to be the same sort of concept as the southpaw and I’d be surprised if they weren’t adjustable enough to clear a push-button reverb remote.

alpin
    Free Member

Yup, push button.

Maybe I’ll just order one for the GF’s Trance post and see if it’ll fit my Strive.

I’ll have a mooch through that PB thread, too. Cheers.

alpin
    Free Member

it does work… Specialized remote….

rotten
    Free Member

I used a KS Lev lever, the rocker type that attaches to an ODI lock on grip for the shapeshifter, and it was out of the way for the dropper post lever.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘specific question… Strive owners/Shapeshifter/Reverb remote….’ is closed to new replies.