Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Specialized Stumpjumper Evo Alloy Comp review
  • Ben_Haworth

The Specialized Stumpjumper Evo Alloy gets all the cool things that the carbon Stumpjumper has had for a few seasons now.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

Specialized Stumpjumper Evo Alloy Comp review

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

roger_mellie

Anyone got one of these and wants to share their thoughts?

Cheers

enigmas
    Free Member

I’ve had the Carbon evo for about 18 months now.

Really solid bike, done everything from natural rides around the quantocks to Champery on it.

Played around with the geo adjust a few times and leave it mostly in the middle/long setting. Pretty good for south wales off-piste riding which is 90% of what I do. Quite long and therefore stable, but does take some work around tight, flat corners. The middle/short setting is noticeably more poppier but I dislike it on steep stuff. Going for the really slack head angle settings felt good in the alps, but make it into a bit of a barge on tighter stuff!

Pedals amazingly, never really use the lockout even on road climbs.

1300 miles in and the frame bearings are still going strong. I did regrease them from new with marine grease as they were pretty dry.

roger_mellie

Great, really appreciate your thoughts @enigmas

enigmas
    Free Member

I should add, I bought it a couple of weeks before the alloy one was announced, and tbh I’d have gone for it if I’d have known. £1000ish cheaper for the same spec. Also the carbon one is notorious for cracking on the bottom of the downtube from impact strikes as it’s pretty thin walled there. I invisiframed it, then stuck two frame protectors on and it’s been fine, but alloy is peace of mind.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.