Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Specialized Shiv Carbon Fiber Tandem
  • andermt
    Free Member

Away on business at the moment and spotted this in a Specialized store in the centre of town, everything I can find online about it refers to story in Dec 2009, anyone heard anything about it since then?

I assume it’s on display only, and not for sale as it’s a bit of a strange Specialized store anyway as it never seems to be open and last time I was here in July I was convinced it had closed as one day there were loads of bikes on display and the next it was empty.

I know it’s a road bike but it does look particularly cool, for a road bike, and for a tandem.

IHN

That is the business 🙂

sputnik
    Free Member

Must be a nasty view when you are in the drops on the back seat … 😯

njee20
    Free Member

It was a one off concept IIRC, so no I don’t think you’ll ever see one for sale, sadly!

andermt
    Free Member

The stories I found said it was a one-off back in 2009 but wondered if they had built any more, just surprised that there seems to be nothing about it online between those stories in late 2009 and now.

Northwind

All it needs is a lifesize George Jetson.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Must be a nasty view when you are in the drops on the back seat …

Crap view, but not nasty. Look at the relative top tube lengths, unlike normal tandems where the stoker gets to admire the view, raceing ones put the bars down by the pilots knees and their head ends up in the back of the pilot (rather than arse). Leaving a big gap between them isn’t aerodynamic.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Shiv Carbon Fiber Tandem’ is closed to new replies.