Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Specialized Rime v Shimano M162 – which shoes?
  • fatmax

I’d like a new pair of mountain biking shoes…not racing, not hiking, just for riding the trails.
    I like the look of both of these. Does anyone have any feedback on either of them?
    Many thanks
    FTM

colin27
    Free Member

I’ve had Rimes for 3 months now. V comfy, supportive and great when you have to walk. Even after quite a few scuffs they still look good.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I asked the same question a week or so ago, as I’m tempted with the Rimes. Didn’t get a flood of responses…. maybe this thread will do better.

Shame the UK only gets the white Rimes – the US black version looks better (to me).

rOcKeTdOg

Rime by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

had some just over a week, commuted and off roaded in them, i was worried after reading they were flexy but so far this hasn’t proved to be the case, very comfy and easy to walk in with no heel slip, deffo not a cold weather shoe though, they are very well vented at the front, overall i’m pleased, the BOA ratched works well and it infinately adjustable, cleat attachment is a breeze and they seem to have a lot more cleat position choice (fore-aft) than my old shimano shoes. they also have sort of 1/2 sizes 44 = 9.6 in UK size which is perfect for me as 10 is always too big and 9 too small usually

thewalker
    Free Member

hi mate got a pair of spec rimes for sale.bought them to try spd, did,nt like the clipped in feel. few wks old only worn them twice,they are really comfy.would like 85.00 posted for them they are a 9 1/2 or 44 eu

ratherbeintobago

Looking at buying some Rimes; anyone else got any experience of them, and anyone remember whether they were reviewed in ST, and if so, which issue? IIRC they’re not in this month’s shoe test.

Andy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Rime v Shimano M162 – which shoes?’ is closed to new replies.