Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Specialized Pitch Sizing
  • shinsplints

On the verge of ordering a Pitch Pro – a little confused on the sizing.I’m 6ft 2 & have ridden up till now a 20″ hardtail that always felt a bit on the large side for me.I have sat on the Medium Pitch with the post at my normal kind of height & it felt ok (bars etc were set up for the lad whos bike it was,i would have changed a couple of things).All the reviews I have read seem to mention the long wheelbase & that most riders went for a size under what they normally ride.I want to buy it online & dont have the time to go back to an LBS now so just wondered what anyone out there has & how tall they are etc…..

grumm
    Free Member

5’8 and on a medium – feels perfect to me. Tried a small too and it felt a bit too small. Given that you are a good 6 inches taller than me I reckon a large should be right. You should really try it though surely.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’m 5’8″ and just ordered a medium Pitch Pro

I thought it felt quite compact, TBH. But then my other bikes (Inbreds and a Yeti 575 just sold) are pretty long. I certainly wouldn’t want a small

Just so you’re aware, this is about the cheapest price in the UK unless you have an LBS with one they can’t get rid of – http://cyclestore.co.uk/rangeViewer.asp?categoryID=674

Shandy
    Free Member

I was sitting on a mate’s medium last night. I’m 6’2″ as well, the medium would definitely be too short for me. My hardtail is an 18″ on-one 456, which feels spot on, so you should be pretty close to my sizing. Don’t get worried about going down the frame sizes – at your height you would be an XL on most size charts anyway, so an L should be great. Enjoy it, they are such a nice bike and a total bargain at the minute!

shinsplints

Nice one fellas….managed to get out & have a sit on a large one (ahem…)
    & its definately the right size now,so the orders in & I collect it Wednesday ! Wooooooooooooooo.I figured that the Spesh “Large” would probably be a 19″ frame which still feels manouverable.
    Will post a pic when its here.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i’m 5’11 and test rode a large which felt right. As always i’m on the borderline between med and large. I always err on a bigger bike with a shorter stem.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Pitch Sizing’ is closed to new replies.