Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Specialized Phenom Comp/Ergon SM
  • jayx2a
    Free Member

Anyone use either of these for 30-40+ miles? Both do nice wide versions for my wide sit bones.

Phenom seems to get good reviews and the Ergon mainly good.

I’m coming from a WTB pure which is ok, but not always the best.

Poopscoop

Ive got the Toupe Comp in 155mm. Its very similar to the Phenom I believe?

I’ve really tried to like it but it’s just not for me. Got the posh Ti version on the fs, Comps on the Zwift setup and winter bike.

So yeah, I’ve tried! Just doesn’t suit me.

Might be selling an as new one soon in my hunt for a decent fit, the one of the turbo. I’ve bought 2 second hand saddles from here recently to try out but not got round to it yet.

I’m going to keep swapping/buying cheap saddles till I get one my butt likes.Lol

martinhutch

I have Phenom on both of my bikes, and am fine for 40+ miles on them. Whether you will be depends on your arse and riding position, you may have to try a few different ones.

robbo1234biking

@poopscoop I would be interested in your toupe comp if you are planning on selling.

OP – I had a phenom on my mtb and loved it. It just got worn out and creeky!

scotroutes

I have Toupes and Phenoms on all my bikes. 143mm. The best saddles I’ve experienced but then it’s a very personal thing. Oh, distance wise, my longest ride on a Toupe would by 320km and on a Phenom, 300km (that was in 40 hours though).

trailwagger
    Free Member

I have phenoms (wide) on both of my gravel bikes. Happy on 5-6 hours rides.

Its very personal, but I would try the phenom purely because specialized have returns policy if you don’t like it.

Edit** Rutland have the comp at £50 currently, bit of a bargain

fatbikeandcoffee
    Free Member

I recently got an Ergom SM boggo basic one and whacked it on, normal ride 30 miles SDW and it was fine for my arse* from day one. Also has the advantage of hole in it to let water / mud out (saddle not arse) and available in various colours if that makes you happy / faster.

*Everyones arse is different.

James

si77

I tried both of them in the shop and could tell within 30 seconds that the Phenom wasn’t right for me, ended up buying the Ergon instead. Longest ride on it so far as been 6+ hours and no complaints.

teamslug
    Free Member

I have an ergon smc4 comp and a sm pro. Both 150mm wide. I use the SMC comp for 24hour solos. Very comfy and seems to have a lot more flex in base. Padding is softer too. The newer SM Pro is ok and might need a bit of bedding in to my arse but doesn’t feel as nice so far.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Much difference between the Ergon SM Comp and Pro apart from different padding? Foam vs Gel.

Poopscoop

@robbo1234biking

Apologies, I have the cheaper Sport version of the toupe.

Taken off the trainer today. If it’s any use to you or anyone else on here let me know.

robbo1234biking

Hi poopscoop I will message you cheers

pacerc100
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of Phenoms in 143 on XC bikes. Really comfy. Use them for 100+ mile epics and my arse is fine at the end if maybe not my legs.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Ordered both as both on offer. Will see what one is best and sell the other one on!

isaachunt
    Free Member

Which did you decide on?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Phenom Comp/Ergon SM’ is closed to new replies.