Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Specialized P1 all mountain 2010 – anyone got one?
  • NormalMan

Hi – haven’t posted in a while as I have been spending a fair amount of time (and money but more on that in a moment!) on the darkside.

However, I am thinking of replacing my general hack v brake eqipped Commencal Normal (08 model) for something newer and have been offered a decent deal on the 2010 P1 All Mountain at a lbs.

It would be used for basic duties like riding along on the towpath to either a) the pub or b) the jump track – possibly both but not sure which is best first!

Family rides round pretty easy offroad trails.

Also, as a ‘play’ bike for local woods with a few bombholes and a bit of singletrack.

I appreciate it’s spec has limitations but as a cheap purchase (£300)is it any good?

Price is very important given the road based spending over the past year!

If not – any sub-£500 alternatives?

TIA.

nindmountainbiker
    Free Member

I realise that this might be to late, but my 12 yr old son has one of these and has a blast on it. Whether on the freeride, doing jumps or on the red trails, such as Cwm Carn, which if you have ridden it you will know it is quite technical.

Only 8 speed, so may struggle to climb really steep stuff, but then it is not pretending to be XC (though All Mountain is a good description).

Stronger and more fun than a basic XC bike.

Currently looking at a Trek Ticket 10 for the other son. Lucky sods, none of this cool stuff around in my day (late 70s).

NormalMan

Thanks for the reply.

I did have a long look at the Spesh but felt I was a bit too old for it! With that in mind I looked at something that would appeal to the old school mtber that I am.

I still have a 1990 Fisher (steel/rigid/ss/retro – how niche!)which got me thinking a modern steel ht would suit my requirements and then some!

I pushed the budget slightly and went for a Kona Blink which are a bargain from Merlin at the moment.

Thanks again though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Specialized P1 all mountain 2010 – anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.