• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by benp1.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Specialized laying people off….
  • andyrm
    Free Member

Sounds like sensible realignment of resources and reinvestment into new facilities while cutting dead wood. 3% wastage is nothing and probably needs to happen. If people are not achieving objectives when peers are, they rightly need to go.

kimbers

Is it coz of their latest failed attempt at suing stans

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Got to pay the lawyers somehow.

adsh
    Free Member

It might help if they made it easier to buy one. There is no doubt I’d be an SWorks Epic owner if I could have bought one a couple of years ago.

variflex
    Free Member

3% isnt bad given alot of companies (non cycling related) are offloading 10%+ currently. All sounds sensible, but not of course very nice if you are on the receiving end.

wwaswas

More interesting (unless you’re personally affected) is the departure of the ex-Apple guy after so short a period.

I’d like to know the story behind that.

mattyfez

To be fair, 3% is probably easily achievable with natural staff turnover, and slightly restructuring of roles if needed.

mt
    Free Member

Why are they suing Stans?

eshershore
    Free Member

its being going on at the UK distributor in Chessington for some time now, so not surprised to see it affecting the American parent company

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

MT.its the other way around. Stans suing successfully over breach of copyright/patent on some wheel rim tech I think.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

The might be getting rid of the wheels department?

benp1

Less than 50 people affected. Clearly not good, but it’s not that big an impact in the context of other redundancy programs

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Specialized laying people off….’ is closed to new replies.