Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Specialized HiLo 190mm QR hub. Convertible to 197×12?
  • tomhoward

Help, oh help me STW, my google-fu is waning and specialized are taking their sweet time getting back to me.

I have:

Specialized Hi Lo disc, alloy, sealed cartridge bearings, XD driver body, 190mm wide, QR, 32h

And I want to know if I can fit it to a thru axle frame with a change of end caps/axle, or is a shiny new hope fatsno in my future?

tomhoward

Anyone?

rickmeister

Its not a definite Tom, but I would wager that the end caps wil be the oly thing different. 190 on most fatbikes was QR, 197 is through axle or maxle… only the end caps on the sets of hubs I have, are different. I used teh same hubs with different endcaps on different bikes.

HTH

tomhoward

Alas, spesh have confirmed it can’t be converted, for anyone that has the same issue in future.

Fatsno it is then…

dovebiker

Specialized hubs likely use a generic hub design made by the likes of Formula. Do the end caps pull-off or unscrew and you can access the bearings – chances are that if its a standard bearing with a 17mm bore then you might be able to find a find an adapter – just because Specialized don’t list it, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. I know people have use the Hope caps on other makes of hub.

tomhoward

Cheers, looks like they do unscrew, I just don’t have the requisite spanners to unscrew them…

Off to the lbs I go…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Specialized HiLo 190mm QR hub. Convertible to 197×12?’ is closed to new replies.