Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Specialized helmet crash replacement
  • twowheels
    Free Member

I found old threads where people mention simply going into a Specialized Concept store to get a crash replacement helmet to avoid posting their broken one and waiting for a new one to be delivered. Do Specialized still allow this?

[On their website they state “You simply need to take your crashed helmet into a local Specialized dealer, and they can help you process that as a loyalty replacement and give you 40% off the retail price of a new helmet.” but from previous experience (yeah yeah jokes about me crashing a lot expected) the shop doesn’t want to deal with it]

RoterStern
    Free Member

Got my helmet replaced immediately at my LBS. But then I had bought the original helmet from them too? LBS isn’t exactly a Concept Store but it’s one rung down from that as they sell other brands, too but if they say something is under warranty then Specialized accept this.

patagonian
    Free Member

My neighbour did exactly the same at our LBS. Not sure what it is but it’s badged as Specialized.
    However given what he paid for it I’d expect nothing less.

twowheels
    Free Member

Thanks both.

I won’t name the shop but I had originally purchased there (and helmet was an S3 so not exactly cheap).

Will try Evans tomorrow.

arogers
    Free Member

If you’ve had crappy customer service (it sounds like you have) then it might be worth dropping Specialized an email. They are pretty strict with their expectations of how dealers should perform and it seems like your LBS might need a reminder.

RustySpanner

Had mine replaced totally free of charge by LBS.

We have bought a few bikes from them though.

They also replaced a 10 year old faulty Blackburn pump and sent a jacket back to Gore for a free repair and upgrade to the poppers on the drop tail.

Might have saved a few quid buying off the internet, but you can’t put a price on great after sales.

twowheels
    Free Member

Update: Evans declined- staff said it stopped after SportsDirect takeover as there’s nothing in it for them (seems the -40% is simply their margin and Specialized don’t reimburse). Store staff double checked with head office by phone and email.

Specialized UK sounded entirely unsurprised and mentioned it’s “optional” for the retailers (not mentioned on the Spesh website..). I’m now doing the replacement with them directly again.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Specialized helmet crash replacement’ is closed to new replies.