• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by jonk.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • "specialized" freehub removal help – FSR XC Comp 2010
  • Shackleton

I’m trying to fix the free hub on the bike of a friend from work. It is a 2010 Specialized FSR XC comp and I can’t for the life of me work out how to get the free hub off. It is branded as specialized and that is all the info on there. The internet has come up blank…save me STW.

The axle is out and looking in from the disc side there is a perfect 12mm allen socket. The freehub side takes an 11mm allen key in what I can only describe as a multifaced tube (looks a bit like a very long ring spanner).

Which one should I use to get the free hub off and is the thread LH or RH? I was assuming I should go in from the disc side and it is RH thread (so that it doesn’t loosen under pedalling load).

I’ve tried with a normal 8″ socket bar but it seems bastard tight and wanted to check I was doing the right thing before I get the breaker bar and adjustable hammer out……..

orangeboy
    Free Member

I’m guessing it a loose ball hub.
    And I’d go in from the disc side and turn the bolt you can see anti clockwise
    Often end up with the hex key in the vice and turn the wheel to gain leverage
    But there are a few different oe hubs Spesh use. Have you any pics

jonk

Loose ball hub and 11mm bolt for the freehub will probably mean a formula hub which freehubs are hard to come by.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘"specialized" freehub removal help – FSR XC Comp 2010’ is closed to new replies.