Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Specialized Frame Warranty
  • Finchie85
    Free Member

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, does anyone know how long the specialized frame warranty is. I have a 2008 pitch pro, problem is that the brake hose has rubbed on the frame over the years and worn a hole through the rear triangle, the hose is guided with the points on the frame and i believe this is a design fault and was going to raise this with specialized.

Thanks all

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Limited lifetime.

steveoath
    Free Member

Here’s the general policy itself:

Click me

Reading that, I’m not sure. But always worth giving them a call.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Lifetime on front end, 2 or 3 years on the back end, can’t remember.

Sucks what happened to yours but I doubt any warranty would cover it, improper maintenance

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Lifetime meant 5 years back in 2004 – my enduro went after 6 🙁

Its fairly standard to define lifetime as about 4-5yrs

catnash
    Free Member

It happens to most frames I’m afraid, learnt years ago to protect cable rub areas. Not really a warranty issue.
    You could ask how much to buy a replacement rear stay ‘crash replacement’.

gee
    Free Member

Yep – needs heli tape.

That said – Spesh warranty are the best and are very helpful. Be nice to them.

GB

mrmo
    Free Member

specialized warranty

from this page http://cdn.specialized.com/OA_MEDIA/pdf/WarrantyConditionsEwww.com.pdf,

SPECIALIZED Frame:
    On any material and manufacturing defects 5 years from date of purchase, subject to
    use as intended and regular maintenance

which is confusing because from this page

http://cdn.specialized.com/OA_MEDIA/pdf/manuals/OM0232_Warranty_r1.pdf

Specialized warrants to the original owner for the lifetime of the original owner of each
    new Specialized bicycle or frameset that the bicycle frame or frameset when new is free of
    defective materials and workmanship. The lifetime Limited Warranty is conditioned upon
    the bicycle being operated under normal conditions and use, and properly maintained.

falkirk-mark

I got mine replaced after 5 and a half years (only a month ago) but would agree that cable rub probably would not be covered.

spyke85
    Free Member

Cable rub is not covered

Rorschach
    Free Member

i believe this is a design fault and was going to raise this with specialized.

Good luck with that 🙄

spyke85
    Free Member

Hardly a design fault, mine is fine!

WTF
    Free Member

I think this get out clause will be used maybe ?

Riders approaching 250 pounds in weight should not ride any
    bicycle …….
    Failure to follow this warning may result in catastrophic failure of the component or bicycle, which may lead to serious personal
    injury or death.

bol

I know people who have had spesh frames replaced due to cable rub. Epics and Stumpies if I recall. Something to do with the routing being the cause I think. Give it a shot. As others have said, warrantees don’t come a lot better.

spyke85
    Free Member

Epic’s and Stumpies had frames replaced due to a design fault with the positioning of the rear shock and the ‘tube’ coming out of the bottom. Completely different to a Pitch

Finchie85
    Free Member

I’ll give it a go but like some say it i think it may be a long shot due to it being cable rub.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Frame Warranty’ is closed to new replies.