Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Specialized Diverge riders
  • slowoldman

Contemplating one of these for poodling around – day rides, light touring with rack, non gnarr tracks, etc. Anyone got any experiences? Also I’m bang on the dividing line between two frame sizes for my height. I suspect I wouldn’t initially feel much of a difference in the shop going a couple of centimetres either way but bearing in mind my style is likely to be relaxed rather than arse up head down I’m not sure which would be the better choice. Smaller (shorter) I would imagine would be a bit more upright but I’ve also read that going bigger is more relaxed.

scotroutes

How tall are you?

We had a few of these in the hire fleet the past two years. Lovely bikes. If I didn’t have my VN Amazon I’d have bought one.

slowoldman

5′ 7″ On the line between 52 and 54 apparently. Similar story for partner (but smaller) she’s 5′ 00′”

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scotroutes

IMO you want a 52. I’m the same height and it didn’t seem right but it is when you ride it.

slowoldman

Thanks for the advice.

neverbeentomoab
    Free Member

I’m just under 5’7″ and have just bought a 54 and it’s great.got the e5 comp from evans for £980 down from £1500 and got it on 0% too.I had a 52cm specialized secteur a couple of years ago which felt a touch small.i thought the 54 might be more stable if I take it off-road because of the longer wheelbase.

Digger90
    Free Member

I love mine. I bought the dirt cheapest E5 alu version with Claris on in a sale. Didn’t expect much, but the Claris actually quite good.

I rode it like that for a few weeks (and actually came 3rd overall in the Gold Rush GravelCross race), then swapped everything out for SRAM Rival 1/ with Hunt Gravel/4 Season wheels and Panaracer GravelKings. That’s dropped the weight from 10.55 kgs to 9.05kgs. Nice 🙂

If you want a bike to just put a big smile on your face, it is great. It’ll be fine for your intended use but is in fact a very capable bike. It’s not just a good bike for the price, it’s a good bike. Period.

I say this as someone who doesn’t really like specialized by the way, to me, they’re too common, too much marketing hype, and too many stupid engineering decisions with press fit crud, proprietary bb widths and such like. I’m eating humble pie regarding the Diverge though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Diverge riders’ is closed to new replies.