Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Specialized COBL GOBL-R Carbon Seatpost
  • rootes1

This is quite new, but anyone tried one on a road bike or mtb?

Click

orangeboy
    Free Member

Got a mate one for his road bike after nearly a year of waiting but he’s not said anything about it yet , shall ask tomorrow
    Thought they were road only

njee20
    Free Member

WTF?

simondbarnes

I’d rather be uncomfortable than have anything that ugly on my bike.

rootes1

orangeboy, yer would be good to find out what he thinks..

yep ugly, but who is going to see if when you/it is on the bike?

rootes1

not really visible in use?

globalti
    Free Member

I think it’s because the SL4 frames have become so stiff that Spesh have needed to add some extra boing to justify the Roubaix name.

But I may be wrong.

gardron
    Free Member

I’ve just put one in my 2012 specialized secteur – off the bat, utterly fantastic. Doesn’t act as suspension at the back end, more acts like a load of padding so you still know you’ve gone over something but it just smooths it out a bit which is enough for me to gain a fair amount more composure on rough descents and go a touch quicker.

I’ve never tried another carbon post though so I’ve got no comparison other than with alloy posts, but it’s streets ahead of those.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Spoke to my mate but he’s yet to ride it as been moving house sorry all

eshershore
    Free Member

was skeptical but have tested during post-build test rides on custom road builds for my customers

its actually very effective in use over rough ground (cobbles or most UK roads if we are being honest…the government does not want to repair our broken roads!)

I own CF seatposts and high end aluminium alloy posts in comparison

not reason why it would not work on a mountain bike hardtail, but no idea about the “warranty” of using a road product on a mountain bike?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Specialized COBL GOBL-R Carbon Seatpost’ is closed to new replies.