Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Specialized 2Bliss Rim Strip Issues
  • tenacious_doug
    Free Member

I’m trying to set up some Specialized Tires/Rims/Rim Strips for the first time, I’m an old hand at tubeless but never with Specialized stuff before.

It appears the bike comes pre-fitted with a tubeless rim strip, it’s a beige coloured thing not adhesive but with “2Bliss” printed on it, so I assumed that all I needed to do was fit valves and sealant and was good to go. However air is gushing out of the valve hole when I pump it up. I can’t work out if….

– The rim strip isn’t actually tubeless despite saying “2Bliss” and I need to tape up rim as normal. 1 person an MTBR thread suggested this was the case, but can’t find anything to confirm.

– They are just particularly leaky at first and sealant will eventually do it’s job, but it seems very leaky so unlikely…..

– Specialized rims are very fussy and I need the specially shaped Roval valve rather than the generic stans one I have at the moment.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

It’s this tape here that’s fitted as standard

Tracey

I’ve just done four Roval wheels over the last 24 hours with the same rim strips, specialized valves and Stans.
    Not had a problem with any. Have you got the valves in tight enough with the nurled nut. I usually put my thumb firmly on the inside of the valve as I’m tightening from the outside to ensure it seats properly. Every Specialized bike we have owned with the Roval wheels has come with a pair of valves in the owners box,bag.

I also use the shake and leave on a bucket for 15 mins per side

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Yup they are tight enough. To be honest I may have valves, but I’ve just got a random box of various valves, picked out the Stans ones as they’ve been reliable with everything in the past. May do a test with various other valves in the tool box to see if any are better than others.

RichBowman

I use them on my WTB i35 Asym rims. Even have to seal up the original valve hole and able a new one (as the ring valve hole is off to the side).

Works fine for me – just check that the strip is nice and central in the rim – I’ve found it’s quite fussy is a bit off to the side…

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Do you tend to find a bit more air than with other setups coming out to start with before sealant does it’s job?

Tracey

Not really, I always follow the same process that I use with any wheel. I prefer the 2 bliss rim tape than having to mess with Stans rim tape.
    If anyone hasn’t watched the YouTube clip its worth while watching as its never failed for me.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Seems to be fixed. I replaced with a different strip (was given a couple of spare in the box with the bike) and it went up first time looks like there is a small bit of damage to the edge of the strip that was already in there so assume that was the culprit for the leak!

Tracey

👍

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I was having trouble and it turned out to be knicks in the rimstrip, probably caused by tyre levers when wrestling with tight tyres and inserts. I put a wrap of Tesa tape over the spoke holes and it sealed up perfectly.

oikeith

I ran tubeless via those strips for a couple of years with no issues of air leaks or getting set up, then one ride did something to the tyre that didnt seal and when I came down the tyre was flat but as it was a tight fit to the rim had creased the strip, now cant seem to find them in the 29 and wider variant anywhere and have moved to tape which is worse IMO!

EDIT: ignore that, quick google as havent searched and can see a new design has been launched, my searching must have coincided with a run down of the older variants!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Specialized 2Bliss Rim Strip Issues’ is closed to new replies.