Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Specialized 2 Bliss tyres – opinions?
  • wonnyj
    Free Member

Just fitted some tubeless s-works 2 bliss the captain tyres to my nice new (but second hand) crossmax sl’s.

They went up ok but are now weeping air THROUGH the sidewalls especially on a few spots where lettering has been moulded. They stay up overnight but gently weep out air from the side walls, a bit like having a slow puncture.

I’m using stans (notice that specialized have pulled their own brand sealant

Also this thread seems to point to a few issues as well.

Has anyone here had issues with them? Maybe I should just use more sealant?

thomthumb
    Free Member

have you done the waving them round, laying on a bucket thing with the sealent to seal the holes?

wonnyj
    Free Member

No what’s that then?

owenfackrell
    Free Member

I find with mine , that to get a good seal you need to hold the wheel by the axel and spin it then let it go from side to side to coat the side walls in the sealent. I also find that riding them gets to stay up as well.

aP
    Free Member

Just pick the wheels up and turn them round and round, over and over, both sides, to get the sealant over all the internal surface of the tyre. You need to do that to seal the sidewalls.
    I’ve got Captains on 819 and they keep pressure for about 6 weeks before requiring pumping up again.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Ok nice one Owen, will try that.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Ok ap, I just rode about for 10 minutes initially. I’ll do the side spin thing as well now.

scruff
    Free Member

tha bucket shaky thing works, have look on Stans site.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Specialized 2 Bliss tyres – opinions?’ is closed to new replies.