Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Special…
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

Tools to replace pivot bearings on a Spec’ Pitch?

Do I need any?

Conan257
    Free Member

I replaced bearings on an FSR, i’m sure specialized hasn’t changed the system much over the years….

If the bearings will come out, you should be able to do it with a socket set. I had a couple properely stuck so had to grind the race out of the stays.

patriotpro
    Free Member

So it’s a straighT-forwardish job…

Cheers Conan.

GreenK
    Free Member

Remove and support the suspension piece properly – hit hard with something like a socket of appropriate size. Try not to ruin the bearing unless you have to. Some are behind a flange so you might not have a choice. Use the old bearing, if you can, to drive the new one in.

Did a 2008 Stumpjumper only last month with only one stubborn bearing. 😀

stufive
    Free Member

Just need the right sized allen key i did the back end of my fsr camber not long ago…ten bearings later and allot of cursing as there REALLY tight..not long after that i got rid of it and got an Orange five only one pivot..my fsr was only 9 months old and theres no way i was going to be doing that every year 🙂

Cheezpleez

Do a search on FSR bearing replacement. Several threads on here and elsewhere. Don’t know about a Pitch but most have a ridge between the Horst bearings that stops you driving them out from behind. I made a split collet extractor from an old V brake mount for my 2005 Stumpy. Worked OK

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Do a search on FSR bearing replacement. Several threads on here and elsewhere. Don’t know about a Pitch but most have a ridge between the Horst bearings that stops you driving them out from behind. I made a split collet extractor from an old V brake mount for my 2005 Stumpy. Worked OK

This

I’ve not done my Pitch but I assume its the same as my old FSR. The bearings on the ends of the chainstays (the Horst link bearings) are in pairs with I ridge between them so must be PULLED out.

Apparently there’s loads of tools that can be made from various things to do the job.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Cheers for the extra input ALL.

stufive – i’ve had my pitch 4 years ish now and give it some hamemr in all weather and condtions and just changing now…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Special…’ is closed to new replies.