Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 128 total)
  • Special Ops watches
  • matt_outandabout

meh, all the outdoor instructors at work run cheap as chips Casio’s for this reason – seem to be just as bomb proof and you don’t mind them being broken at £9.99 in the sale.
    I have tried expensive watches – either leaked water despite promises of mucho hundred metre depth rating, or had broken screens or buttons fall off.

maccruiskeen

Pfff. the casio f91 doesn’t even come with a free allen key

julianwilson
    Free Member

I think the rule in special ops is that you aren’t supposed to tell anyone you don’t work with (and some you do work with) that you are actually “in special ops”.

So you would have to have 2 watches, and remember to only wear the special ops one whe you were on a, err special op.

Just a thought…

oxnop
    Free Member

Love the tags above 🙂

I have one of these as an ‘outdoor’ watch

Carbon bezel and sapphire glass sold it for me (had a luminox previous but glass scratched as was mineral and numbers came off bezel)

http://www.outdoorgb.com/p/h3_black_stormpro/?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=directory&utm_content=GBR&currency=GBP&country=GBR&SelectedBundle=108736&SelectedItem=453695

This is my ‘do it all’ watch costs a bit more but I love it, very robust but can be dressed up unlike the traser above

Mine has the B&R rubber divers strap though:

http://www.timetation.com/?p=137

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

I hate digital watches, so that rules out most G-Shocks. I bought a Traser on a nato strap for work – good solid watch, easy to read at night has withstood various levels of abuse. They do some that aren’t so ‘Spec Ops’ – mine is brushed stainless steel with a black face, so looks very un-military.

I’d second the Seiko Monster if you fancy a punt on an automatic. Brilliant watches and hard as nails. The ‘lume is brilliant on them as well – disconcertingly bright for a fair chunk of the night.

headfirst
    Free Member

yeah but i’ve got loads of those from ikea.

oh and mini pencils too

mu3266
    Free Member

I’ve got a SUUNTO all black Core. Bombers watch. I use it for diving, mountain biking, ops, & climbing. Holds up to all the abuse. Does look a little scratched now through all its use, only on the compass bezel though so I’m happy.

thatscold
    Free Member

Keep an eye out for this beauty appearing on Amazon Black Friday shortly…..[img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71flplu6BDL._AA1500_.jpg[/img]

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’ve broken every watch I’ve owned until now:

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Got a Nite MX10 300T

MX10 Watch

Very stealth, not flash but takes a beating and shines bright in the dark!

Great service from Nite Direct and discounts available if you let them know you have had a nite watch before (just pretend)

bencooper
    Free Member

Pro-Trek Titanium – mine looks like I’ve driven over it a few times, but it still works, and somehow the glass is still unscratched…

maccruiskeen

yeah but i’ve got loads of those from ikea.

oh and mini pencils too

Really?! – why does nobody tell me these things?

*returns Andy MacNab watch*
    *buys Andie MacDowell watch*

DickBarton

A 3 year warranty on it??? I didn’t realise Special Ops lived THAT long…can’t be up to the proper job if the person lives that length of time!

seanoc
    Free Member

Is MWC a copy brand from CWC? I was issued a black CWC divers watch 15 years ago; it loses time now.

wrecker
    Free Member

Thatscold, how much will that beauty go for?

richmars

Thanks, just what I need. Another two watches I have to buy (nite and H3).

cynic-al
    Free Member

*** me I have to laugh:….”Special Ops” watches

OP what you need is this. Children leaving school women will love it:

matthewjb
    Free Member

Jack Bauer has a Special Ops watch.

Real soldiers? I doubt it.

hora
    Free Member

I think part of a tough watches strength is also in the strap.

I went through circa 7 straps on my Suunto X6. They were poor quality.

Fancy losing your watch ‘on a mission’?

Casio are fantastic watches but maybe just not niche enough for us.

Currently using a Momentum watch that has proved very durable so far.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Fancy losing your watch ‘on a mission’?

Aren’t they rated for medium-amplitude repetitive wrist movement?

Lifer
    Free Member

I like this one, just because it’s a bit different.

emsz
    Free Member

men = watches = comparing sizes.

iDave
    Free Member

It’s just after twenty o’clock

cynic-al
    Free Member

Emsz it’s the only jewellery most of us wear,

Thankfully some of us don’t wear Commando fantasy nonsense.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Is MWC a copy brand from CWC?

I tried to find that out when deciding what to get but TBH I’m not entirely sure who copied whom. AFAIK, they the same design bar the fascia. My only regret is not getting the one with a day display.

I do like the look of the eco drive, but that would be my posh watch.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Just looked at the special opp’s watch spec and it weighs 8oz! Jeez that’s half a pound of steel straped to your wrist, some weight!

CountZero

That Citizen is beautiful, as is the Nite MX10. I love plain analogue watches, I want to be able to read the time at the merest glance at the watch, not stand there for a couple of minutes trying to make sense of a load of conflicting information. I might just as well use my phone in that case. That’s why I don’t like most of the G-Shock watches, they’re far too complicated to suit me.
    Just had a shufti on Amazon for the Citizen; not rediculously expensive now, I’ll keep an eye on that.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’m not expecting girls to come up to me and ask me whether Helmand is really as terrible as everyone says.

What if they come up to you and say:

Have you ever bin to a Harvester before?

Davesport

Uzi Guardian http://www.cadetdirect.com/order1.php?pg=1386 for 30 brick. No brainer IMO 8) Get Some….

peterfile
    Free Member

What a F**king joke.

Are you SAS or SBS OP? Oh wait maybe you are Delta?

Also I doubt you are going to dive to 100m anytime soon. I would be impressed if you managed half that.

Try 50m in the north sea with 2m vis. Bet you anything you would sell your fancy watch for £1 to just see daylight again.

Just get something pretty.

Film Actors Guild.

You been snorting steroids or something?

The dress watch my gran wears is waterproof to 100m.

It’s a watch, just calm down, I like how it looks and wanted to know if its a pile of crap or not. Is it PTSD? Helmand? I’m so sorry 🙁

Lifer
    Free Member

iDave – Member
    It’s just after twenty o’clock

😀

CountZero

Peterfile, he’s just trying to prove what a rufty-tufty man he is, using North Sea diving to try to prove his credentials. Personally I think he’s just another Mall Ninja.

Travis

I’m still using my old F1

hora
    Free Member

I’m going to reserrect my old F1. I wore it for 15yrs then took some links out and gave it to the missus. She broke it within 6months 😐

The ‘funny’ thing about the F1 is its size- put it on now and it looks TINY on your wrist compared to ‘modern’ mens watches 😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’d take Moonhead’s advice-he clearly is a real man.

richc
    Free Member

Are you SAS or SBS OP? Oh wait maybe you are Delta?

Also I doubt you are going to dive to 100m anytime soon. I would be impressed if you managed half that.

Try 50m in the north sea with 2m vis. Bet you anything you would sell your fancy watch for £1 to just see daylight again.

As I said, trust me they wear Casios or anything that’s free and doesn’t have a glow in the dark face (as that would get you shot)

If you think that a £300 quid watch will make people think you are a *real* man you have major issues

hora
    Free Member

emsz – Member
    men = watches = comparing sizes.

Careful, thats potentially sexist and I may get upset and put a topic up about sexism and leaving forums 🙄

peterfile
    Free Member

As I said, trust me they wear Casios or anything that’s free and doesn’t have a glow in the dark face (as that would get you shot)

If you think that a £300 quid watch will make people think you are a *real* man you have major issues

Mate, let it go. No one gives a shit what watch the army wears. It’s for mountain biking, snowboarding, climbing and general mucking around. No one will be shooting at me, so I reckon I can get away with a face that glows, in fact it might be pretty handy if I want to be able to see what time it is when it’s dark.

Why on earth would people want to be mistaken for a squaddie? Am I missing something here?

richc
    Free Member

that’s my point, why try and be a fake squaddie by buying a fake special forces watch that no-one who is actually doing that job would dream of buying, as you are just going to look like an IT middle manager or worse a ‘recruitment consultant’

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘Special Ops watches’ is closed to new replies.