Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Special Forces Issue Camelbak Stealth Black Bag
  • rocky-mountain
    Free Member

I brought on of these and its arrived, looks pretty good and for the price really good. Its in the washing machine just now as its a bit musty.

Has anyone got one and used it?

It appears to be SAS issue….I do have the bladder pictured and it’s a very neat bit of kit, much better than normal Camelbak ones.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123161082299?var=423571096622

DickBarton

Looks like an updated version of the very first Camelbak…not a bad thing but as today seems to be about carrying everything, this looks neat and minimal.

zilog6128

I have a very similar one that I keep in my boathouse.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    docgeoffyjones

What colour is your boathouse?

footflaps

It appears to be SAS issue

Unless it says ‘Tactitcal’ on it, I’m out…

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I went for the thrudark version, it’s a bit more expensive (£500) but comes with a logo and one of Ant Middletons pubes.

footflaps

matt_outandabout

“Special” forces you say?

Joe

Isn’t it just a cover for £10? What for?

Good to see the ‘SAS/SBS/RM/PARA’ prefix has caught another sucker.

If that was issue there would be a label with the NATO stock number (NSN) and item identifier.

Make sure when using it you have blurred out your face.

dudeofdoom

Ahh you want the tactical vest to go with it for max points.
    It clips into the back and you have lots of happy pockets and a concealed holster

I dumped a cracking set up in the local Charidee shop, they must have thought John Rambo had returned back to Brizzle.

matt_outandabout

Ahh you want the tactical vest to go with it for max points.

Don’t forget to drop EDC into your conversations daily, and change car to a MK2 Discovery while maintaining membership of a ‘4×4 Response’ team…

lightfighter762
    Free Member

That is meant to attach to an armour panel using molle or pals. It could be just a team buy. In my team we bought stuff all the time with our own funds. Better armour, plates, holsters. Even night vision as a lot of issue stuff is usually pretty middle of the range and worse.

I use something similar and just have it hanging in the van for extra h20. Hate cans and bottles moving around.

mattbee

“Even night vision as a lot of issue stuff is usually pretty middle of the range and worse.”

Erm… yeah. Because commercially available NODS are way better than a set of PVS21, and far cheaper than the £21k a set purchase price of them too. Unless your definition of ‘team’ is a bit different to mine.

lightfighter762
    Free Member

Ive bought nods that price and even a vessel ascending assault system double that. At the tip of the spear all you care about is operating.

footflaps

At the tip of the spear all you care about is operating.

I’ll have to drop that into every day conversation…

“I didn’t look at the price of peanut butter in Waitrose before buying it. At the tip of the spear all you care about is operating.”

matt_outandabout

😆😆😆

lightfighter762
    Free Member

Fork lift operator here.

mattbee

I love you mate. Everyone has to have a dream and I’m glad you have yours.

In the real world however, things are slightly different. Given the credit limit your cage monkey had on the ‘team’ card , I’m not sure why you’d feel the need to waste your beer tokens on kit, however Gucci it was.

Back on thread though, those ‘ex mil’ hydration packs do have nice bladders if nothing  else as they tend to have an anti-bacterial coating.

lightfighter762
    Free Member

I made mine, Long career SOF, Ran my team in JSOTF. Who cares right? It is online. I can sh1t all over UK SOF from operational experience but I am a guest in this country so do not worry dude.

desperatebicycle
    Free Member

£45 with a bladder
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132531219531
    £11 without.
    Hmm.

lightfighter762
    Free Member

MattBee,

Explain the airsoft or milsim thing? You guys must see a lot of kit. I have tonnes of AOR1 If you want some.

Someone’s off their meds.

lightfighter762
    Free Member

I cant go off them. Bad cancer. Nothing to hide. Thinking of donating my life sub.

kelvin

Hmm.

The bladder is the special bit, yes? The bag looks like the original basic neoprene camelback in canvas.

scuttler

Make sure when using it you have blurred out your face.

loads easier to go old skool Iranian Embassy era by sticking a black cardboard strip to the top of your massive tache.

loads easier to go old skool Iranian Embassy era by sticking a black cardboard strip to the top of your massive tache.

This is true. Pixilated faces are so GWOT.

desperatebicycle
    Free Member

The bladder is the special bit, yes?

No idea

That bladder is the version for use with CBRN/NBC (depends on your vintage 😉) respirators. It has the drinking tube attachment to replace the standard bite valve. Of what respirator I have no idea mind.

d42dom

SAS/SBS/RM/PARA

I think you forgot the RAF REG!…

robertajobb

Missed BnQ and DFS out of it too.

Tactical sofas and operational ready kitchens in khaki or black.  30% sale now on.

Ah, the SRDG, how could I forget to include them on the list of elite warriors.

roger_mellie

Tactical sofas

😄

kelvin

Ssshhh…

bikerevivesheffield

All gone a bit Gareth keenan

fasthaggis

I’m still laughing at thestabiliser’s post. 😆

zippykona

I’m a shop keeper, would I be allowed one?

avdave2

I’m a shop keeper, would I be allowed one?

“Suddenly, as if by magic, the shop keeper appeared”

Never underestimate the stealthiness of the shop keeper.

matt_outandabout

Never underestimate the stealthiness of the shop keeper.

Scrub that, found the clip…

chakaping
    Free Member

Not much to add at this point, but what’s an “assault vest” when it’s at home (from the listing)?

One of these?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.